The Body Farm (1994)

by Patricia Cornwell

Series: Kay Scarpetta (5)

Dr. Kay Scarpetta, chief medical examiner for Virginia, investigates the sex murder of a girl by an escaped convict. The probe requires exhuming the body for a second autopsy. Lots of information on bodies and autopsies. By the author of Cruel and Unusual.

English (41)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (2)  French (1)  All languages (46)
"The Body Farm" is a gruesome book and a train wreck for Marino and Lucy. I can read about the murder of adults and even children (sometimes). But, if you mention killing a cat, I can't stand it. Many things happen in this book that will be referred to in future books. ( )
  nab6215 | Jan 18, 2022 |
Letto per le sfide
1. Trim your TBR - Libro #23, per la task Un libro di una serie/saga che avete iniziato ( )
  JaqJaq | Jan 7, 2022 |
I have to admit I couldn't really keep up with the murders or the suspects because I was far too engrossed in the myriad of relationships that Scarpetta was involved in with her niece, Benson and Marino which held my interest and curiosity. So,e of the technical stuff surrounding the murders also escaped my attention because at times the level of detail is too exacting. ( )
  Stephen.Lawton | Aug 7, 2021 |
There are many things I like about KS. One is her generosity which isn’t reserved solely for her much loved niece. I also like her balance between strength and vulnerability. I like how she holds her own, and also how she watches out for those she loves.
This story sees her hit some really tough times, and emotionally she is taken to the very edge.
  Vividrogers | Dec 20, 2020 |
In dem kleinen Ort Black Mountain in North Carolina wird die elfjährige Emily Steiner grausam ermordet. Die Gerichtsmedizinerin Kay Scarpetta entdeckt mysteriöse Spuren an der verstümmelten Leiche, die auf einen Täter aus dem nächsten Umfeld des Opfers hindeuten. Wurde das Mädchen Opfer einer düsteren Familientragödie? Als ihre Nachforschungen ins Stocken geraten, beschließt Scarpetta, die „Body Farm“ aufzusuchen – eine forensische Forschungseinrichtung der ganz besonderen Art ...
  Fredo68 | May 14, 2020 |

Kamberger, KlausTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pigulla, FranziskaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rusconi, AnnaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zeelenberg, AnnetteTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep. Psalm 107:23-24
To Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah for his tireless fight against crime.
On the sixteenth of October, shadowy deer crept to the edge of dark woods beyond my window as the sun peeked over the cover of night.
Abridged (condensed/shortened) audiobook ISBNs: 3455305547/9783455305548; 0671512293; 067104687X; 0743527496; 0743537491. All ready by Jill Eikenberry.
Please do not combine with the full-length book since they are not the same work/content.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,018,520 books! | Top bar: Always visible