Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? (1991)

by Bill Martin, Jr.

Other authors: Eric Carle (Illustrator)

Series: Brown Bear and Friends (book 2)

5,7761221,754 (4)12
Zoo animals from polar bear to walrus make their distinctive sounds for each other, while children imitate the sounds for the zookeeper.
    Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: Both are identical in terms of simplicity and rhythm.

Polar Regions
  BooksInMirror | Feb 19, 2024 |
H is too young for language acquisition, but the colorful pictures caught their attention. I remember the classic [b:Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?|759611|Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?|Bill Martin Jr.|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1430155496l/759611._SY75_.jpg|810506], but not the spinoffs though I know there are several that exist.

This was a shower gift. The elementary school that we're zoned for is dual immersion with Spanish, so I'll be on the lookout for more bilingual books! ( )
  Daumari | Dec 28, 2023 |
  PlumfieldCH | Nov 29, 2023 |
Supplements Sound Sticks STEM Kit
  NSAERC | Oct 5, 2023 |
Bill Martin's books are phenomenal. To say I use them a lot in storytime would be an understatement. Granted, I don't use them all the time.....but still.

"Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear" is all about the sounds animals make. "Snarl," "hiss," trumpeting", etc. They are harder words to introduce into a child's vocabulary....which is why we should!! And due to the repetition or general flow of the book, children can repeat a lot of the phrases.

The only thing that bugs me is not the accurate representation of the animals. I get bugged by a pink walrus....but that is just me. ( )
  msgabbythelibrarian | Jun 11, 2023 |

Martin, Bill, Jr.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Carle, EricIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Polar Bear, Polar Bear, what do you hear?

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,749,643 books! | Top bar: Always visible