Talk Me Down by Victoria Dahl
    True Confessions by Rachel Gibson (f_ing_kangaroo)
    Cowboy Trouble by Joanne Kennedy (Caramellunacy)
    Caramellunacy: Both story lines feature a woman who moves from the big city to a small town. Both stories are fun and humorous with a relatively light side of suspense. Cowboy Trouble is a light Western about a city girl determined to run a chicken farm who investigates the town's one disappearance for the local newspaper (and with the help of her hunky neighbor). Talk Me Down has romance/erotica writer Molly moving back to her hometown and drawing inspiration from her old crush - the local sheriff - which someone locally is not at all happy about.… (more)
    All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins (Jac8604)

Talk Me Down
3.5 Stars

Molly Jennings is a writer of erotic romance, but she keeps her profession secret from her family and friends. After a difficult break-up, Molly returns home to Tumble Creek to escape her manipulative ex and becomes involved with her childhood crush turned Chief of Police, Ben Lawson. No stranger to scandal, Ben is wary of falling for the secretive Molly, but must put his reservations aside when someone starts stalking her...

Molly is an endearing mix of witty sarcasm and ditzy silliness. Despite her often good intentions, she is constantly getting into trouble and calling Ben to come to the rescue. For most of the book, Ben is an incredible hero, sexy, honorable and loving. Unfortunately, toward the end, he turns into a petulant, sanctimonious jerk whose humungous ego almost gets Molly killed.

The plot is comprised of two main threads, Molly’s secret profession and her creepy stalker. While the keeping secrets trope is usually a no-no for me, in this particular case it isn’t too bad perhaps because Ben is aware of the secret from the get go.

The suspense plot seems obvious and straightforward at first but the twist at the end caught me completely by surprise, so kudos to Dahl in this respect.

All in all, a mostly light and entertaining read with a heart-pounding climax. Will read more by this author. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
Elizabeth Michaels
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
I still can't quite put my finger on, after reading three of Ms. Dahl's books, how she can write so that when I read I feel drawn in and comfortable. Reason number one why I love her work. This book (and this series) have a the great feeling of comfort reads, books you want to relax into after a long hard day or take with you to the bathtub with bubbles.

The characters in all of Ms. Dahl's book are what make the book worth reading. She unfurls each and every one of them slowly and lets you get to know them at your own pace. They are all strong and yet each of them has a flaw that makes them equally human. I love Molly in this book because she is fun and she is the comic relief, everyone else is so serious, her humor is her strength and her flaw. I also equally love our hero Ben; he is sexy, dreamy, and oh-so-naughty in all the best ways...and that cowboy hat, yes, sir!

The plot in this story is equally complex and simple. Boy meets girl, girl has problem, boy helps with problem, happily every after, yet there is so much more going on. I love the twists and turns Ms. Dahl throws in the book that make the plot just as enjoyable as the sensual side of the story.

I already covered the comfort the author brings through her writing and she also has a smooth writing style, easy to understand and follow. She also writes some of the hottest sensual scenes around...the only author I can match her in heat with is Kresley Cole, and she is the hottest in my book. Definitely give this book a try, you won't regret it!
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
3.5 (casi , casi 4)

Victoria Dahl está a dos o tres libros de ser una de las mejores autoras de romance contemporáneo que vengo leyendo .

Sus novelas son graciosas , tienen una buena carga de misterio (que , aunque predecible , interesante ) y de humor .... además de , obviamente , mucha sensualidad y personajes adorables .

Me encanta esta serie y amo a sus parejas principales .

Imperdible . ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
Enjoyable romance with steamy scenes, funny parts and a mystery to solve. I like how both main characters stood by their beliefs even though they conflicted. Molly has not told anyone about her job as erotic author and is interested in police chief Ben who likes to know all the facts.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
This book is dedicated to Jennifer, who convinced me I could -- and should -- write this story. I honestly couldn't have donit it without you, Jif. Thank you.
Molly Jennings stood frozen in dismay, staring over the tiny coffee section of the tiny Tumble Creek Market.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373773560, Mass Market Paperback)

Molly Jenkins has one naughty little secret: her job as a bestselling erotic fiction author. Until her inspiration runs dry—thanks to a creepy ex—and it's time to skip town and move back to tiny Tumble Creek, Colorado.

One look at former high school hunk chief of police Ben Lawson and Molly is back in business. The town gossip is buzzing at her door and, worse still, a stalker seems to be watching her every move. Thankfully, her very own lawman has taken to coming over, often. The only problem now is that Molly may have to let the cat out of the bag about her chosen profession, and straitlaced Ben will definitely not approve.…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:21 -0400)

Molly Jenkins has a secret job as a bestselling erotic fiction author, but when a creepy ex threatens to blow her cover, she returns to her hometown to lay low. When she falls for the former high school heartthrob--now the chief of police--Molly must reignite her writing career, fight off the town gossips as well as a stalker, and hide it all from her newfound beau.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,640,554 books! | Top bar: Always visible