Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Journey to Change the World... One Child at a…

by Greg Mortenson, David Oliver Relin, Sarah Thomson

An adaptation of the bestselling book about the American Greg Mortenson's building of over 60 schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

This is a young reader’s adaptation of the worldwide bestseller. Dedicated to promoting peace through education, humanitarian Greg Mortenson embarks on a quest to build schools all over Pakistan and Afghanistan. Maps
  NCSS | Jul 23, 2021 |
Win. Town Book Read
Excellent combat feat +/ education
Pg. 112 - is progress inevitable not to be questioned
More than one path to future — saner way of life

Anyone who despairs of the individual’s power to change lives has to read the story of Greg Mortenson, a homeless mountaineer who, following a 1993 climb of Pakistan’s treacherous K2, was inspired by a chance encounter with impoverished mountain villagers and promised to build them a school. Over the next decade he built fifty-five schools—especially for girls—that offer a balanced education in one of the most isolated and dangerous regions on earth. As it chronicles Mortenson’s quest, which has brought him into conflict with both enraged Islamists and uncomprehending Americans, Three Cups of Tea combines adventure with a celebration of the humanitarian spirit.
  christinejoseph | Mar 22, 2017 |
I taught this book (which is the Young Readers' Edition) to my freshmen last year. The book includes a glossary and study questions. I was surprised by how little my students knew about 9/11. I am aware of the "scandal" surrounding Mortenson's story, but I found the message of the book meaningful and worth teaching students. ( )
  StefanieBrookTrout | Feb 4, 2017 |
It was pretty thick literature, but the story was so sweet I loved it. ( )
  Brinlie.Jill.Searle | Nov 22, 2016 |
We had to read it for school, it was the most boring thing I have ever read in my entire life. ( )
  bethanyrenee13 | May 13, 2016 |
In her pared-down version, Sarah Thomson has kept the pacing and the cast of characters intact, but flat renditions of events like Mortenson’s armed kidnapping, just weeks before the birth of his daughter, fail to capture the power of the original.

Greg Mortensonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Relin, David Olivermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Thomson, Sarahmain authorall editionsconfirmed
This is an adaptation for young readers, by Sarah Thomson, of Three Cups of Tea ... .

This young readers edition of the worldwide bestseller Three Cups of Tea has been specially adapted for younger readers and updated by Greg Mortenson to bring his remarkable story of humanitarianism up to date for the present. Includes new photos and illustrations, as well as a special interview by Greg’s twelve-year-old daughter, Amira, who has traveled with her father as an advocate for the Pennies for Peace program for children.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,881,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible