Who Was George Washington?

by Roberta Edwards

Other authors: True Kelley (Illustrator)

Series: Who Was ...? (33)

"In 1789, George Washington became the first president of the United States. He has been called the father of our country for leading America through its early years. Washington also served in two major wars during his lifetime: the French and Indian War and the American Revolution"--Amazon.com.

This book covers the entire life of George Washington. It informs the reader his many accomplishments and contributions to society. This is a great book for teaching students about important leaders and presidents. Very detailed! ( )
  mcnamea | Feb 14, 2022 |
George washington is always a classic and something that children can read and learn about ( )
  Rileyholcomb | Nov 27, 2018 |
Summary: This book is all about the life of George Washington. It tells about all his adventures from the very beginning to his last breath. It gives information about all the wars he was a leader of and how he felt about being the first president of the United States.

Personal Reaction: This book was more detailed that what I thought. I think it is very informational for kids to read.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. Write a biography about a classmate.
2. Pick out their favorite highlight of George Washington's life and do research on it.
3. Have then write about how they would feel if they were the first president of the United States.
  ShayleeJ | Nov 21, 2017 |
This book covers the life story of George Washington and all his many accomplishments and contributions to society. This book would be great when teaching students about presidents or introducing the idea of presidents, by starting with the first president. ( )
  Taylor20 | Apr 5, 2017 |
Great book to learn about our First President. The book gives enough information for the reader to know who Washington was and the story behind the man who became our first president. In addition to his life, from birth to death, Edwards discusses some myths/facts which give the reader more information about political happenings in history. The simple illustrations of people, places and maps also help tell the story of who Washington was and what he accomplished as a man and our president. ( )
  SraSpoer | Feb 23, 2017 |

Roberta Edwardsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kelley, TrueIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,315,246 books! | Top bar: Always visible