Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type (2000)

by Doreen Cronin

Other authors: Betsy Lewin (Illustrator)

Series: A Click, Clack Book (1)

When Farmer Brown's cows find a typewriter in the barn they start making demands, and go on strike when the farmer refuses to give them what they want.

TaylorOnyx | Aug 31, 2023 |
Whimsical story about farm animals who can type. They begin typing messages to the farmer, because they are cold. The farmer is flabbergasted that the animals would demand anything, but now the chickens want in. They all want electric blankets because they are cold. It takes some convincing before the farmer trades the animals the typewriter for the blankets. But now the ducks have the typewriter...will the demands ever end. Poor Farmer Brown. The things he has to do to get milk and eggs.
I would recommend this book for young children, ages 4-6. ( )
  kristenhauser | Jul 21, 2023 |
Still on of my favorite stories, excellent for reading out loud. ( )
  mykl-s | Jun 17, 2023 |
Laugh out loud funny book that is as enjoyable to read for little kids as it is for adults. My toddler makes me read it at least once every day and sometimes 2-3 times. ( )
  PopCat | Jun 9, 2023 |
This book made me laugh a lot. Doreen is hilarious in a cruel way. A group of cows discovered a typewriter in the barn and are now using it to write letters to the farmer with demands. The cows go on strike and refuse to milk any longer when the farmer discovers the notes. Then, as the cows are typing for them, the chickens go on strike. The farmer is furious with his livestock. In any case, the only thing they need is electric blankets for the chilly nights. A duck serves as a mediator and obtains the animal blankets. I thought that was hilarious. ( )
  jkk023 | Feb 28, 2023 |

Doreen Croninprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lewin, BetsyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For my Dad -D.C.
To Sue Dooley - B.L.
Farmer Brown has a problem. His cows like to type.
"Dear Cows and Hens: There will be no electric blankets. You are cows and hens. I demand milk and eggs. Sincerely, Farmer Brown"
Duck was a neutral party, so he brought the ultimatum to the cows.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 195,112,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible