Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type (2000)

by Doreen Cronin

Other authors: Betsy Lewin (Illustrator)

Series: A Click, Clack Book (1)

When Farmer Brown's cows find a typewriter in the barn they start making demands, and go on strike when the farmer refuses to give them what they want.

Fun fun and silly. I stood reading it Borders and laughed my head off. So I bought it for my niece ... and me. ( )
  fuzzipueo | Apr 24, 2022 |
Title: Click Clack, Moo Cows That Type
- Author: Doreen Cronin
- Illustrator: Betsy Lewin
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster
- Date: 2000 (year published); January 20, 2022 (date read)
- Pages: 32
- Type of Book/Genre: Picture Book, Fiction
- Short Summary of the Main Plot: The story begins with a character names Farmer Brown, and that he has a problem; Farmer Brown has cows that like to type, and the noise of the typewriter is irritating. He did not believe initially that his cows could type, but he heard the noise of the typewriter, and then he saw a sign that the cows typed they wanted electric blankets. Farmer Brown said no, he would not get them blankets, so the cows typed a note saying they are closed and there will be no milk today. The next day, they typed a message saying the hens wanted electric blankets as well, he of course said no. They then left another note saying no eggs or milk today either. Farmer Brown typed the animals a message, reiterating his point, and demanding eggs and milk. The duck delivered Famer Browns message. The animals proposed an exchange, they will forfeit the typewriter in order to have electric blankets, and that the typewriter would be delivered to him from the ducks. The farmer felt this was a good deal, and got the electric blankets, but he never received the typewriter. Later, he got a message from the ducks asking for a diving board in the pond, and on the final page it shows a duck jumping into the pond from a diving board. The End.
- Tags/Subject Headings that Describe the Content: Barn animals, blankets, diving boards, appeasing others, being kind, farm life.
- My Response: I thought this was a cute story, and the illustrations were beautifully done. I would like it in my classroom, I think my students would find it amusing since animals cant do those things.
  MayaBust | Jan 29, 2022 |
Farmer Brown's cows find a typewriter and start making demands.
  BLTSbraille | Oct 27, 2021 |
Someone online said that they read this to their kids in preparation for the day that they'll need to ask for a raise. :D ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |
A perennial favorite. Also a good introduction to the art of negotiation. ( )
  emrsalgado | Jul 23, 2021 |

Doreen Croninprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lewin, BetsyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For my Dad -D.C.
To Sue Dooley - B.L.
Farmer Brown has a problem. His cows like to type.
"Dear Cows and Hens: There will be no electric blankets. You are cows and hens. I demand milk and eggs. Sincerely, Farmer Brown"
Duck was a neutral party, so he brought the ultimatum to the cows.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,338,117 books! | Top bar: Always visible