There are many ways to define a woman: daughter, mother, wife, professional, friend, student... We are each special and unique, yet we share a common connection. What bonds all women are our mutual experiences of loving and learning: feeling the tenderness of love; forging lifelong friendships; pursuing a chosen career; giving birth to new life; juggling the responsibilities of job and family, and more. This shining collection brings you inspiration and comfort in special chapters on marriage, motherhood, aging, bridging the generations, attitude, self-esteem and higher wisdom. Stories honor the strength and reveal the beauty of the feminine spirit. Included are incredible stories from Oprah Winfrey, Leo Buscaglia, Linda Ellerbee, Robert Fulghum, Kathie Lee Gifford and many others. Whether you are a career woman or a stay-at-home mom, a teenager or a senior, a young woman just starting out or a woman of the world, this delightful book will be a treasured companion for many years to come.… (more)

As always in this series, this collection of stories and some cartoons are heart warming and endearing. Very enjoyable to read. ( )
  LilQuebe | Nov 19, 2020 |
Each woman is special and unique, but we share a common connection. What bonds all women are mutual experiences of loving and learning; feeling the tenderness of love; forging lifelong friendships; pursuing a chosen career; giving birth to new life; juggling the responsibilities of job and family.
  SUMCSchmidtMemorial | Jul 15, 2016 |
101 Essays, some published in other books, all with a woman's theme ( )
  nancynova | Sep 12, 2015 |
WOW! Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul, not only opened my heart and rekindle my spirit, but it gived me a new purpose and sense of being and belonging. Women everywhere should read these stories and open their hearts to new beginnings. You won't want to put this book down once you have started to read and will want to ensure that every female in your life share in the stories with you. I know I did! ( )
  Bgem | Jul 23, 2012 |
This book has good, inspiring stories of women who have done it all, from childhood memories to growing old and wiser. A couple of the stories had me tearing up.

I have a few favorites that stick out. One called "The Wind Beneath Her Wings" is a story about Jean Harper, one of the first three female pilots for United Airlines. The woman's dream was always to be a pilot, and first everyone told her she couldn't, or she didn't have chance. She Almost believed that, until one teacher told her to live the dream. Another one was "Mother's Day," about a woman who was in her 30's and thought she would never have children, but in her 40's did. It makes me feel a little hopeful about myself. All the stories definitely spark emotion in a person; I can't see how they could not. ( )
  lavenderagate | Aug 26, 2011 |

Jack Canfieldprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hansen, Mark Victormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hawthorne, Jennifer Readmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Shimoff, Marcimain authorall editionsconfirmed
White, Marciamain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

With love we dedicate this book to our parents, Ellen Taylor and Fred Angelis, Una and Paul Hansen, Maureen and Brooks Read, and Louise and Marcus Shimoff, for the extraordinary gifts of love and life you have given us.
Every year on my birthday, from the time I turned 12, one white gardenia was delivered anonymously to me at my house.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,241,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible