Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Robert L.…

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1958)

by Robert L. May

Noni the Christmas Reindeer [A Rand McNally Junior Elf Book] by Daphne Doward Hogstrom (Rozax)
    Rozax: This out-of-print underdog story is a great book for early readers.

This is a beautiful story about Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer that is lyrical and written in verse. This book filled with poetry tells the story in a perfect way that makes the tale almost come to life. The illustrations are also wonderful and express exactly what is going on. This book would be perfect to introduce into a classroom around Christmas time. ( )
  sconne7 | Dec 1, 2014 |
I’d never read the original story of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Robert Lewis May until this month. In simple rhymes, Rudolph’s story goes beyond the song. I read the original, which was first published in 1939, as well as one illustrated by David Wenzel. The modern illustrations are bright and engaging, but the words are the same. It’s in an oversized hardcover format. I like the complete story of Rudolph.
  rebeccareid | Jan 6, 2009 |
The classic of 1939 with the original text of R. May who at the time I bought this book was still living ( )
  bookswamp | Jan 21, 2008 |
This is one of the most beautifully illustrated versions of this story I have found. I wish I had a painting of Rudolph sleeping in his bed as Santa walks in to hang in my home at Christmas. The Santa is dressed in traditional clothing and the details on his gloves and coat are amazing. I also love the sweet and innocent look as Rudolph is sleeping under the covers. This is my favorite book to share with the kids each year during the Holidays. ( )
  mcarroll27 | Jan 10, 2008 |

Robert L. Mayprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gillen, DenverIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
'T was the day before Christmas, and all through the hills the reindeer were playing ... enjoying the spills of skating and coasting, and climbing the willows... and hop-scotch and leap-frog (protected by billows!) while every so often they'd stop to call names at one little deer not allowed in their games:-
Please do not combine Robert L. May's Rudolphs with Barbara Shook Hazen's Rudolphs. He wrote the book; she made adaptations.

Robert May wrote the original book. Johnny  Marks wrote the song based on it. Please do not combine.

The Original Classic Rudolph Story-over 107,000 copies sold!

Every year at Christmastime, young and old alike fall under the finger-snapping, joy-inspiring spell of this song. Now fans of the most famous reindeer of them all can become acquainted with the original story of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, written in verse by his creator, Robert L. May, in 1939. Sumptuously re-illustrated with the vibrant and magical art of David Wenzel, this beautiful edition of an American holiday classic is a book to treasure and to share, year after year.

Illustrated by David Wenzel.

The Original Classic Rudolph Story-over 107,000 copies sold!

Illustrated by David Wenzel.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:04 -0400)

Although the other reindeer laugh at him because of his bright red nose, Rudolph proves his worth when he is chosen to lead Santa Claus' sleigh on a foggy night.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,826,970 books! | Top bar: Always visible