The Wedding

by Julie Garwood

Series: Lairds' Brides (2)

Connor MacAlister and his warriors had captured Lady Brenna en route to her arranged marriage to another, but she was determined to be happy and soon endeared herself to most of the clan despite her uncanny knack for getting into trouble.

while i loved the book that came before this one -- i have the opposite feelings for this book. i did not care for any of the main characters. If i had read this one first, i would not have read anything else by this author.

i had to force myself to finish the book! ( )
  ckelship | Oct 10, 2021 |
I found this book a while back and being a lover of historical romances picked it up. Well worth the read. Love the book ( )
  PatriciaM77 | Apr 29, 2021 |
I am not really sure how to rate this book.
It's just such a misogynistic time in history so for our Hero to be like this is in some ways makes it accurate but at the same time it's not how I want a Hero to be.
He does soften towards her and change to a certain extent but some of the scenes esp at the beginning are not so pleasant.
It is certainly not as good as the 1st book in the series. ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
This one was a bit of a disappointment. Since I guessed who the traitor was in the prologue, I wish that plotline hadn't dragged on so long. Connor was a boor for most of the book, and I'm not sure he made up for it in the end. ( )
  littlebookjockey | Sep 15, 2020 |
I enjoyed this (& loved that Jamie and Alec were a part of it), but I wasn’t a fan of the villain plot as it didn’t feel as though Connor and Brenna really had enough time together on the page. ( )
  spinsterrevival | Aug 10, 2020 |

González, RamónIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Herrera, AnaTraslation revisorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lavedan, DeliaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tröger, EmilComposersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my sister and dear friend,
Mary Kathleen Murphy McGuire
Prologue
The Highlands, Scotland, 1103

Donald MacAlister didn't die easy.

1119. Journeying from England to Scotland to wed a highlander, Lady Brenna had resigned herself to the arranged match. But when a band of fierce, painted warriors captured her en route, she fearlessly met their demand to marry their leader -- the quick-tempered laird Connor MacAlister. She couldn't know that her capture was merely the first act of vengeance against her betrothed, Connor's sworn enemy.

Brenna harbored no illusions that her husband was in love with her; after a hasty forest wedding, MacAlister assured her she could return home once she had borne him a son. But she could not deny that she had once proposed to MacAlister -- ten years ago, when she was just a child, and the visitor to her father's castle charmed her with his dazzling, unexpected smile. Now, as she sets out to win the brave chieftain whom she has come to adore, a legacy of revenge ensnares Brenna in a furious clan war -- and only her faith in her gallant hero can save her....

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,345,714 books! | Top bar: Always visible