Estudios sobre el amor by José Ortega y…

Estudios sobre el amor

by José Ortega y Gasset

English (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (3)
There were insightful moments to this one-- but in the end, the outdated convictions regarding gender were too much to stomach. ( )
  KatrinkaV | Jul 19, 2011 |
I bought this book for one sentence, and what a doozy it is! Read the essay "Stendahl on Love" to see what it is. I bet, upon reading that essay, you'd be able to figure out what the sentence is: a brilliant synopsis of Stendahl's argument about love. Ortega does not agree with Stendahl. I was a bit disappointed at Ortega's high-mindedness; I guess I'm a bit of a cynic on love, and Stendahl's account of romance seems about right to me. Ortega's? A non-simplistic high-mindedness . . .

The other essays are fine, too. ( )
  wirkman | Feb 22, 2007 |

José Ortega y Gassetprimary authorall editionscalculated
Raudive, KonstantīnsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
AUB niet combineren met: Bespiegelingen over leven en liefde (1935)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,770,458 books! | Top bar: Always visible