Cut & Run

by Madeleine Urban, Abigail Roux

Series: Cut & Run (1)

A series of murders in New York City has stymied the police and FBI alike, and they suspect the culprit is a single killer sending an indecipherable message. When the two federal agents assigned to the investigation are taken out, the FBI takes a more personal interest in the case. Special Agent Ty Grady is cocky, abrasive, and indisputably the best at what he does, but when he's paired with Special Agent Zane Garrett, it's hate at first sight. Garrett is the perfect image of an agent: serious, sober, and focused, which makes their partnership a classic cliche: total opposites, good cop-bad cop, the odd couple. They both know immediately that their partnership will pose more of an obstacle than the lack of evidence left by the murderer. Practically before their special assignment starts, the murderer strikes again--this time at them. Now on the run, Grady and Garrett have to figure out how to work together before they become two more notches in the murderer's knife.… (more)
    All Kinds of Tied Down by Mary Calmes (GirlMisanthrope)
    GirlMisanthrope: Randy law enforcement agents.
    Catch a Ghost by SE Jakes (GirlMisanthrope)
    GirlMisanthrope: If you love the formula of two alpha males working for some government agency, yet with their own agendas, AND they fall in love, these books are quite similar.

English (44)  Italian (1)  French (1)  All languages (46)
Ty Grady and Zane Garrett are FBI special agents assigned to the case of a serial killer in New York City. They're not happy to be partnered with each other and the tension is very real. But before they know it, the murderer's sights wind up focused on the two of them and they find they might have to rely on each other more than either would like to catch the culprit and to survive.

This was a well-written story. The blurb uses the word cliché and it's definitely an accurate one. I was able to look past that and enjoy the characters and the plot that lies underneath it. The characters are frustrating at times, but they do play off of each other well. I've seen a great deal of buzz around this series, which is what led me to read this one in the first place. I'm not sure it lives up to all of the hype, but it's worth a read and I'd recommend it. ( )
  crtsjffrsn | Aug 27, 2021 |
As I continue on with my mystery/crime M/M binge, I've been thinking of conquering this series and putting it under my belt but turns out I only have the Spanish edition of book one in my possession, and since there's no official way to purchase these books anymore....should I take this as a sign for me to dust off my old trusty diccionario?
  loqiton | Aug 1, 2021 |
I just finished Cut & Run and OMG I LOVED IT!!!!! Totally 5* from me for this. I have fallen in love with Ty and Zane-So broody and sexy. *swoon*. I really enjoyed the story line and how the relationship was present but not the overwhelming point of the book. Well written and just fabulous. The murderer was not a surprise to me in the end--there were a few questions that popped up that made me think it could be someone else but I kept coming back to the main perp. Can't wait to read the rest of the series that is out so far. ( )
  ktomp17 | Mar 21, 2021 |
Not as great as the first time I read it. 3.5 stars instead of 5.

I remembered very little of this book when starting a reread, yet the serial killer was very obvious to me. That and the MCs talking for chapters on end with nothing else happening brought the stars down.

I wish I had notes from my first read for comparison. ( )
  Mrella | Mar 8, 2021 |
At a certain point I figured out who the bad guy was, but that story was exciting and I LOVE serial killer books especially mixed with some romance .. kind of romance I guess lol YAAASSS ( )
  ashezbookz | Oct 20, 2020 |
added by gsc55 | editRJ Scott (Feb 19, 2014)

Madeleine Urbanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Roux, Abigailmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Allerde, SawyerNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Baiser, JadeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Dreamspinner Press

2 editions of this book were published by Dreamspinner Press.

Editions: 193519223X, 1935192248

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,098,140 books! | Top bar: Always visible