Evidence That Demands a Verdict: Historical Evidences for the Christian Faith (1972)

by Josh McDowell

Among important books in the defense of Christianity, this one has few equals. Evidence That Demands a Verdict is an easy-to-read, front-line defense for Christians facing the tough questions of critics and skeptics. Using secular evidences and other historical sources, Josh McDowell's faith-building book is a "must read" for every Christian.… (more)
    Pearls in Paradise by Julie VonVett (sundancer)
    sundancer: Both are apologetics books that contain facts and information from science, nature, space, plants, animals, dna, etc that provide evidence for a Creator.

This is probably the finest reference book in the filed of apologetics that has ever been written." Bill Glass
  phoovermt | Mar 29, 2023 |
When this showed up today as one of my recommendations, I remembered I read this book many, many years ago. Don't remember much about it and nowadays I don't think I'd be impressed with it. ( )
  Chica3000 | Dec 11, 2020 |
Filled with stories and straw man examples that lead no where/ now here. Rejects "cliches" about belief, that no one uses, and refutes them. [4-5].
  keylawk | Aug 7, 2012 |
A very good book. I think this is a book that every Christian should read! This will help you readily answer most of the objections to Christianity such as "noone really knows what the Bible really says" or "Jesus didn't really exist" or "the prophecies where all written after the event". This book is laid out in an unusual way that makes it easy to locate things, should you need to locate a particular historical fact quickly.
1 vote mdkalbach | Aug 29, 2010 |
Fundamentalist approach to Bible study and interpretation ( )
1 vote GlenRalph | Jul 19, 2009 |
To Dottie: My sweetheart, my best friend and my wife. Without her patience, love and constructive criticism this project could never have been completed.
"Always be prepared to make a DEFENSE to anyone who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence" (1 Peter 3:15)

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,653,727 books! | Top bar: Always visible