The Rain Came Down by David Shannon

The Rain Came Down

by David Shannon

Recently added byOntoFourth, private library, cuenta12345, sara_k, diane.winfield, OakBridgeAcademy

English (37)  Japanese (1)  All languages (38)
This is a fun story of a boy named David, he encounters many problems down the rain but at the end, he finds a sense of peace. Children in my classroom would love this book and relate to each part of the story. I would use for 1rt and 2nd grades.
  sandratt | Jun 3, 2018 |
A funny cause and effect story about what happens in a town when it begins to storm and what happens when the rain stops.
1 book
  TUCC | May 30, 2018 |
this book is a funny book about it raining and all the different ways people and animals act in the rain.
Age:4-8
Source: Pierce college
  Anola | Mar 7, 2018 |
“The Rain Came Down” is a cute little story told by David Shannon. This story to me was very comical. Throughout the story the town is having a bad day because it is pouring raining outside. By the end, the rain stops and everyone comes together to make peace. I enjoyed how David made his illustrations look 3D. It made me feel as if I were there. I notice that David Shannon kept this book flowing by adding one more problem to the next and then in the end brought it all together for a happy ending. I also liked how colorful each illustration was. I enjoy reading books like these because it’s exciting to see what’s going to happen next. ( )
  HalieL | Feb 23, 2018 |
"The Rain Came Down" is a story that is centered around a large chain of events that all occur because of the rain. The central message of this story is no matter how bad something seems at the time, it can always improve and get better. The rain causes everyone in the town to have a terrible day. People are running late, traffic is terrible, and everyone is having a horrible day. Things soon change for everyone when the rain stops. Suddenly, everyone's mood improves, there is no more traffic, and everyone in the town enjoys the rest of their day. ( )
  AndreaFrench | Mar 28, 2017 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0439050219, Hardcover)

"On Saturday morning, the rain came down. It made the chickens squawk." But that's only the beginning. Before the sun comes out again, an entire neighborhood is in a crabby uproar. The owner of the beauty parlor squabbles with the barber, who argues with the painter, who has just accidentally bonked the barber in the head with his paint can. Then the baker unintentionally pokes the pizza man in the nose with his umbrella, and they start quarreling. Soon, "the whole block was honking, yelling, bickering, and barking." There's no end in sight... until the rain stops, the sun comes out, the air smells fresh and sweet, and a rainbow appears. Before they know it, the bickerers are helping each other clean up the mess caused by the ruckus, and everyone's smiling again.

David Shannon, Caldecott Honor artist of No, David!, brings his own brand of sunshine to readers. His rollicking text and bright, witty caricatures of grumpy neighbors and animals will put a smile on every reader's face, rain or shine. Surprising angles (we see the painter's paint-spattered bottom from below as he descends his ladder) may even make gloomy readers laugh out loud! This book is perfect for brightening a dreary gray day. (Ages 4 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:38 -0400)

An unexpected rain shower causes quarreling among the members of a small community.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,639,988 books! | Top bar: Always visible