Dead Man's Song by Jonathan Maberry

Dead Man's Song (2007)

by Jonathan Maberry

191961,769 (3.9)6

I finally got through it. I can blame the magnificent summer we are having, a trip to Calgary and work. I really like this author and found the second in the series to kinda drag on. I am not connecting with the adult characters but what keeps me coming back is the 14 year old Mike.I found it a bit on the slow side. But then end brings it all to the proper fruition and hopefully the third book brings it all with a bang. ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
In Maberry’s fiction novel, Pine Deep, Pennsylvania wakes up one morning to the bloodbath of a savage murderer. Every thirty years it happens and the locals believe it to be connected to the death of a serial killer long ago. A monstrous evil is preying on the living and the only hope they have is to find the source. But secrets are buried deep in the village and to locate the source they will fight for their souls.
Gruesome, scary and suspense filled. ( )
  debbieaheaton | Mar 30, 2013 |
This book dragged on and gave too much detail, with a lot of repetition. Also, there were a number of grammatial or typographic errors that became annoying. This is the seond in a trilogy and while I want to see how things come out, I've read much better horror fiction. ( )
  Ed_Gosney | Jan 31, 2012 |
Good continuation of this trilogy. The characters continue to deal with the evil in their small town and the evil is growing in stature. Halloween is coming and so is the anticipation of what will happen in the final chapter. ( )
  bnbookgirl | Nov 15, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 078601816X, Paperback)

From the powerful imagination of a new horror master comes a bone-chilling tale set in a small town where good and evil are joined in a terrifying, deadly battle...

Evil Endures
Once an idyllic Pennsylvania village, Pine Deep awoke one morning to find itself bathed in a massive bloodletting. Twice in thirty years the townsfolk have endured the savage hungers of a murderous madman...but if the residents think the death of serial killer Karl Ruger put an end to the carnage, they're dead wrong.

The Nightmare Never Ends
Bodies mutilated beyond description, innocents driven to acts of vicious madness. A monstrous evil is preying on the living--and the dead--and turning the quiet little town into hell on earth. Their only hope is to find the source. But the secrets that lurk in the heart of Pine Deep are twisted into its very roots. This time the townspeople aren't just fighting for their lives, but for their very souls...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:39 -0400)

Residents of Pine Deep, Pennsylvania, hope the death of serial killer Karl Ruger will end the nightmare for their town. The horrible killings continue, however, and who or what can stop this evil?

Jonathan Maberry is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Jonathan Maberry chatted with LibraryThing members from Mar 22, 2010 to Apr 4, 2010. Read the chat.

17 wanted3 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,014,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible