Tales of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong
Devotees of the Otherworld series can share special moments with some of their favorite superhuman characters--as well as discover deeper insights into the lives of some of the lesser-known players--in these seven tales of friendship, adventure, and enduring romance.

Sean hired Lucas and Paige to investigate a murder that locals think is the El Chupacabra in order to deflect that he was at a gay bar. Lots going on, with Lucas' father trying to bring him back into the fold, and solving murders and making marriage work with work dreams.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
I finished Bitten and realized there were a bunch of prequel short stories to that book, so going by the author's website (I think that's where I got my chronological list of stories) I started with the first.

Rebirth: It's not really related to the characters in Bitten, but it was a good quick read and I'll look forward to see more of those characters somewhere else in the series. Perhaps I'll go check out the publication dates before I go to the next. Either way though I enjoyed Aaron and Cassandra's story and look forward to learning more about them further in the series.

Bewitched: I loved this story! I can't wait to read more about these characters later in the main series, hopefully there will be some resolution later in the series to this story that left me hanging a bit and holding out hope for Eve and Kris!

Honestly I fell in love with these two characters and based on this story theirs will be so heartbreaking, but I can't wait to read it!

Birthright: Very short story about how Logan learned about his birthright. This one could have been even longer for me.

Beginnings: Another excellent backstory this one of Clay and Elena's history before Bitten. How they met and the circumstances of their courtship and relationship before the events in Bitten. A really great insight into their early relationship and what brought them together and to Stonehaven.

Expectations: A backstory for Lucas (a new character for me), a brief appearance by Eve (who I've met earlier in these prequel short stories), and a glimpse of her daughter, and the machinations of a rival Cabal I've seen mentioned before too. Lots of tiny pieces that I can't wait to see how they all fit together.

Ghosts: Great story from Jeremey's POV, takes place during the events in Bitten, and basically is him thinking back on Clay and Elena's relationship, the part he played in her transformation, and the situation they find themselves in now. I really enjoy Jeremey's take on some of the other characters.

Wedding Bell Hell: LOL! A wonderful wedding story filled with all the little things family does that complicates and makes things so utterly memorable.

The Case of El Chupacabra: To read
  RivetedReaderMelissa | Mar 22, 2018 |
This book collects several of Armstrong's shorter fiction featuring characters from her "Otherworld" series. There are eight stories in all, three novellas and give short stories. Most of the stories had been previously available to download off Armstrong's website but are collected here for the first time. Kelley Armstrong knows how to write a good book. It is an impelling and interesting to read. A great insight, and well worth your time to read. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
A surprisingly strong collection of stories about characters from Armstrong's Otherworld novels. Some provide insight into side characters. Others fill in gaps in the lives of protagonists like Eve Levine.

I enjoyed the longest story of the lot, in which Paige and Lucas investigate a possible vampire attack. Besides giving us a view into their domestic life (which I quite enjoyed--to me, their relationship feels the most real and lived-in of all the romances in the Otherworld), it also gives depth to the benefits and strictures of Cabal life. Lucas distanced himself from the Cabals long ago, but is beginning to think that a closer connection might be useful. Sean, on the other hand, is the heir to the other largest Cabal, and he has chosen to try to change the organization from within. He finds that doing so is more painful and difficult than he'd imagined. The contrast isn't belabored within the story, but it is interesting.

The least successful story, for me, covered Clayton falling in love with Elena pre-[b:Bitten|11918|Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)|Kelley Armstrong|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1306101770s/11918.jpg|2606334], when he was a hotshot young professor and she was his beautiful student. He's immediately enamored with her and so offers her a job as his TA (even though she's an undergrad) to keep her around. Eventually they start dating and get engaged. Clayton, however, is a werewolf sworn to secrecy about the supernatural, and to ensure this the Alpha won't allow anyone to be in a serious relationship with a human. Clayton can't bear to give Elena up but also doesn't want to disobey his Alpha and be cast out of his family, so he bites Elena. Nonconsensually turning someone into a werewolf is pretty shitty, but to make his act even worse, he knows that no adult has been successfully turned before. His bite pretty much condemns her to death. Since writing this backstory into [b:Bitten|11918|Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)|Kelley Armstrong|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1306101770s/11918.jpg|2606334], Armstrong seems to have realized how incredibly fucked up it is, and has given Clayton a sob story and some softening in an attempt to make Elena's eventual marriage to Clayton (the man who lied to her and basically tried to kill her) seem less twisted. But seeing the world through Clayton's eyes doesn't make his decision to turn Elena any less horrific; instead, it makes it clear that he was absolutely clear-headed and knew exactly what he was doing. Suuuuper icky. I never liked him or the werewolf-centric books in general (the constant rape threats to Elena from all the other werewolves get old fast), but this short story just cemented my dislike. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
Some great background stories on characters in OtherWorld. I liked the one about Eve and Kristoff. Looking forward to her next book in the series. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Years ago, when I first launched my website, I wanted to do something that would thank readers for their support. I decided to try my hand at e-serials - writing a novella and posting chapters as I went.
Aaron stumbled from the tavern and gasped as the first blast of cold air slapped him.

Collection of 12 Otherworld short stories.
-----------------------------------
Have you ever wondered how lone wolf Clayton Danvers finally got bitten by the last thing he expected: love?
Or how the hot-blooded bad girl witch Eve Levine ensnared the cold, ruthless corporate sorcerer Kristof Nast?
Would you like to be a fly on the wall where nothing goes as planned?
Or tag along with Lucas and Paige as they investigate a gruesome crime that may be the work of a rogue vampire?
Whether you're new to the Otherworld or a longtime fan, you'll thrill at the discoveries to ve found in these eight tales of friendship, adventure and enduring romance, featuring a cast of superhuman men and women whose fierce passion and undivided sense of purpose make them very human indeed.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,754,662 books! | Top bar: Always visible