Captive of Sin by Anna Campbell

Captive of Sin

by Anna Campbell

138None86,611 (3.62)5

English (4)  German (1)  All languages (5)
Had a good start a semi slow middle and a wonderful ending ( )
  Fairydragonstar | Mar 30, 2013 |
Nothing pleases me more as a reader than to be captured by a story line and to become so involved with the characters that I am actually immersed in the book. With "Captive of Sin", Anna Campbell made me a captive of the wonderfully emotional and passionate love story of Gideon and Charis! A wounded hero, scarred in every sense of the word. A vulnerable, spirited heroine on the run from an abusive family. Two hearts destined to meet, and to face seemingly insurmountable odds before triumphing in life and love! I was turning the pages, leaning forward in my seat, and I think I spoke out loud in response to what I was reading! Ms. Campbell is a wonderful storyteller, combining heartfelt emotions with scorching passion, and adding in thrilling intrigue and adventure! I look forward, with great reader's relish, to getting lost in more works by the very addictive Anna Campbell : ) ( )
  gincam | Jul 19, 2011 |
I enjoyed this romance, but felt that too much time was spent with the characters in pain and too little in joy, without a secondary story to provide balance. ( )
  snugasa | Mar 4, 2010 |
The hero suffers from survivor's guilt after being held and tortured in India for one year. He was chained to two companions, while they became decomposing corpses.

Campbell included obscure vocabulary at random, which was slightly jarring. If you wanted to expand your vocabulary, this would be a book in which to do it. ( )
  ktoonen | Dec 15, 2009 |

"Returning home to Cornwall after an unspeakable tragedy, Sir Gideon Trevithick comes upon a defiant beauty in danger and vows to protect her whatever the cost. He's dismayed to discover that she's none other than Lady Charis Weston, England's wealthiest heiress--and that the only way to save her from the violent stepbrothers determined to steal her fortune is to wed her himself! Now Gideon must hide the dark secrets of his life from the bride he desires more with every heartbeat. Charis has heard all about Gideon, the dangerously handsome hero with the mysterious past. She's grateful for his help but utterly unwilling to endure a marriage of convenience--especially to a man whose touch leaves her breathless. Desperate to drive him mad with passion, she would do anything to make Gideon lose control--and fall captive to irresistible, undeniable sin."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,426,178 books! | Top bar: Always visible