Aunt Dimity: Detective by Nancy Atherton

Aunt Dimity: Detective (2001)

by Nancy Atherton

I love this series but this particular book turned me off a little. I'm bored with the "Lori can't help but fall in love" with almost every new, attractive man she meets. The general theme of these "cozy" mysteries though I do enjoy. I don't particularly care for ghost stories but this series is charming and I hope I continue to enjoy the series. ( )
  kp9949 | Apr 24, 2016 |
Loved this whimsical novel! Never read an Aunt Dimity book before and was surprised to find out that Lori Shepherd communicates with her Aunt Dimity by opening a blue journal, asking her questions and Aunt Dimity, who is dead, writes her replies in the journal. I will definitely be reading more about Aunt Dimity - this book was thoroughly enjoyable! ( )
  EadieB | Jan 19, 2016 |
2.5 stars

My blog post about this book is at this link . ( )
  SuziQoregon | Mar 31, 2013 |
Lori Shepard has returned to Finch after a visit to the States for the holidays. How surprised is she when, expecting the answer to her question, "What happened while I was away?" to be the usual, "Nothing much," she learns there's been a murder in Finch. The victim is a newcomer to town, Prunella "Pruneface" Hooper, and you will be hard-pressed to find a more meddlesome and vicious gossip. Who killed Pruneface? Nobody in town liked her, many even had a motive to kill her, and nearly everybody feels the town is better off without her. But Lori--even though the deceased took aim at her beloved Kit and hit him squarely in his reputation--can’t not know the truth. A few consultations with Aunt Dimity will point Lori in the right direction, and when she accepts the assistance of the vicar’s nephew Nicky Fox and his unexpectedly good interview skills, she’s off.

Cozy and delightful. ( )
  BeckyJG | Apr 5, 2010 |
Typcial Aunt Diminty. A new character introduced. Another unrequited romantic interest for the ever flirtatious Lori Shepard. ( )
  AdorableArlene | Oct 1, 2009 |
For
the people of Bellflower,
good neighbors all
My family and I were three thousand miles away when the murder took place in Finch.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0142001546, Mass Market Paperback)

When Lori Shepherd returns from her trip to America, she is shocked to hear that Prunella "Pruneface" Hooper has been killed. This is the first murder in the village of Finch in more than a century, and everyone is in an uproar. Before the town implodes in the wake of this scandal, Lori sets out to solve the murder. Unfortunately, nearly everyone in Finch had a reason to want Mrs. Hooper dead. With the help of the ghostly Aunt Dimity and Nicholas, the enigmatic (and charming!) self-defense instructor, Lori aligns motive, means, and opportunity to unravel this delightfully tangled and gossip-filled whodunnit.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:40 -0400)

When murder comes to Lori Shepherd's village for the first time in over a century, she agrees to investigate, despite her own hectic life as a mother of twins.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,506,185 books! | Top bar: Always visible