Agatha Heterodyne and the Beetleburg Clank…

Agatha Heterodyne and the Beetleburg Clank

by Phil Foglio, Kaja Foglio (Author)

5722317,365 (4)19

English (22)  Dutch (1)  All languages (23)
Saw an advertisement for this somewhere and thought it looked really interesting. I got it through interlibrary loan and loved it. I was beyond excited to realize that it's available online as well.
Agatha lives in a possibly Bavarian world circa 200 years ago where mechanics and magic collide. Those with a spark have phenomenal inventing and mechanical prowess. Agatha appears totally hopeless but is kept at the college anyway b/c the Head really likes her. She's sweet but seems a little bumbly. Then we start getting peaks about the truth about Agatha, who is definitely way more time then she seems.

I'm ecstatic to find out that it's a webcomic online since my library doesn't have many more volumes. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Interesting, and features a character working for and taking care of herself. It didn't really do much for me, not sure why. Steampunk seems like it should be totally fascinating, I just keep finding examples of the genre that seem....flat to me, I guess. ( )
  librarycatnip | Jan 12, 2015 |
The steampunk-flavored action is punctuated by comedy in a setting where over-the-top seems plausible. Agatha is a wonderful character, smart, pretty, beset by unfair circumstances she struggles to triumph over, and admirable in her determination.

Phil Foglioprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Foglio, KajaAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Now, this isn't a Heterodyne story like your mama tells you when she tucks you into bed at night...

In a time when the Industrial Revolution has become all-out war, and Mad Science rules the world with mixed success, Agatha Clay, a student at Transylvania Polygnostic University is unable to build anything that actually works. However, when the University is overthrown, a strange "clank" stalks the streets, and it seems that Agatha may have a spark of Mad Science after all.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,470,870 books! | Top bar: Always visible