Puzzle Island by Paul Adshead

Puzzle Island (1990)

by Paul Adshead

The Eleventh Hour: A Curious Mystery by Graeme Base (Moomin_Mama)
    Moomin_Mama: Both are colourful, well illustrated books that children will enjoy, lots to spot and a puzzle element.

Very fun to read with my kids, and at parties! ( )
  Zathera | Jun 20, 2017 |
I got this book as a gift when I was 11. I loved figuring out the puzzles as a kid but I never solved it. Recently I made it a mission of mine to try again. This time, as an adult, I made it all the way through. It was such fun to finally solve the final puzzle and find the dodo bird! I might have shrieked in joy. heehee! ( )
  katekintail | May 22, 2016 |
Colourful and detailed, although the reader is led through the puzzle at the end. A good stepping-stone from i-spy to puzzle books for younger readers. ( )
  Moomin_Mama | May 24, 2009 |

A tantalizing web of deceptive artwork and wordplay lures us to play detective in this fascinating and puzzling book. Over a million copies sold! The missing letters in the alphabet on the edges of each page can be rearranged to make the name of an animal. The reader must then try to find that animal in the artwork.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:57 -0400)

The reader is asked to find hidden animals in the pictures and identify a mysterious creature believed to be extinct.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,612,067 books! | Top bar: Always visible