A Duke's Temptation by Jillian Hunter

A Duke's Temptation

by Jillian Hunter

109None110,182 (3.25)None

What I loved- This book had intriguing characters. I absolutely fell in love with Samuel. Heck, I would marry him in a heartbeat. I was enchanted by a man who writes stories of adventure and love. His romantic nature made me swoon for him like a fairy tale character. Samuel is a hero who goes far out of his way for love. I didn’t want to put this book down. I couldn’t wait for the characters to get together and have their Happily Ever After.

What I didn’t like- I didn’t think I was going to like this book when I first started it. The beginning was too confusing for me and it took me a bit t get my bearings. Also, there are many things that happen to the characters in this book that are improbable. While that can be said for many books, I didn’t feel that this one sufficiently suspended disbelief. Many of the character actions felt forced, especially in the beginning of the book. After I was past the beginning of this book I really loved it and was more forgiving of the few improbable things that happened later in the story.

authorjanebnight | May 10, 2013 |
kind of fun, but predictable ( )
  librarydanielle | Apr 1, 2013 |

The Duke of Gravenhurst, the notorious author of dark romances, is accused of corrupting the morals of the public. But among his most devoted fans is the well-born Lily Boscastle, who seeks employment as the duke's personal housekeeper. Only then does she discover scandalous secrets about the man that she never could have imagined.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,407,581 books! | Top bar: Always visible