Eternal Hunger by Laura Wright

Eternal Hunger (2010)

by Laura Wright

When vampire Alexander Roman is helped after a dangerous transformation by human psychiatrist Dr. Sara Donohue, they develop a mutual attraction that is threatened by a new power that opposes pureblood vampires.
    Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione (TheBooknerd)
    TheBooknerd: These two series are quite similar in characters and plot setup... otherworldly brothers with a dreaded genetic legacy.

DNF about 40%
I give up. There is nothing about this book that stands up to time. I pause the book and I've forgotten absolutely everything I've heard so far. I've reread to hours of this book because I literally don't remember a thing about it. I was just surprised about one of the main characters names. And it isn't like I've passed for days. I've been listening for only 2 days.

Maybe I'll try this again another time. With an ebook. Maybe not.
  keikii | Jan 23, 2020 |
Guilty over an accident she caused where her father was killed and her brother badly burned and traumatized, the heroine now lives only to fix her wrongs and make her brother better. Practically living at the mental hospital and devoting all her time to the theory of erasing bad thoughts from his memory and replacing them with good ones, she’s giving up any pleasure for herself. When she returns one night from a along shift and discovers a wounded man on her doorstep, she doesn’t hesitate to drag him into her home and to safety. But a disturbed ex patient is waiting for her and attacks her. Then she is saved by the mystery man, and just before she passes out from her injuries, she sees the man bite her attacker. The next thing she knows she’s waking up I a strange house surrounded by strange men. The hero is the strangest of them all but even with his threatening appearance and fangs she’s instantly drawn to him. He in turn is just as captivated by her though she’s human and forbidden to him he can’t help himself from wanting to protect her and possess her. After putting up a fight, she finally agrees to stay with him and his brothers while he hunts down her attacker. Born of a father who was more beast than man, the hero has always been an outcast from his family but he just recently escaped the clutches of the council. Now he’s forced to aid them in return for them sparing this younger brother the fact of an early ‘awakening’. All the while, he haunted by the presence of a woman he can’t have but can’t get out of his head. She lives in his blood and soon she’s in his heart but with what seems like oceans between them, he must fight his own fear and fight for her before she’s lost to him forever. I really enjoyed this book. It put a subtle but interesting twist on vampire myths. I loved the heroine because she was smart and strong enough to admit that she needs the hero’s help and though she’s a scientist and a doctor, she knows she’s in the presence of a vampire and much to her credit she doesn’t do the whole flip out thing. She’s hesitant at first to trust such a man but she follows her heart and knows that he would never hurt her. At least not physically. But his inability to trust her with the mating bond stings, especially when he turns to another woman for blood. I liked the chemistry between the two characters and liked the story well enough though I found it slow at times. I wasn’t entirely captivated by the plot either and found it a bit lacking in imagination but all in all it was an enjoyable read. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
Overall a good book, but it seemed to pack too much of the Eternal Order world into the book. I also felt I needed a dictionary at times for the new terms the author created for the world.

Some questions I'd like answered that weren't answered in the book: Who did Alexander think we saw at the first Order meeting? Who was Browyn working for? ( )
  msphotogirl | Oct 19, 2015 |
great characters, fast paced. enjoyed it quite a bit. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Listening to audiobook.

Review to come. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Laura Wright's book Eternal Hunger was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,746,725 books! | Top bar: Always visible