The Dark Tower: Battle of Jericho Hill

by Peter David, Robin Furth, Stephen King

Series: The Dark Tower Graphic Novel Series (5), The Dark Tower (prequel graphic novel 5), The Dark Tower Comics (battle of jericho hill omnibus 1-5)

Nine years gone since the gunslingers protected the land. Nine years gone since the fall of Gilead, when the Good Man's dark army brutally took the ancient city from those same gunslingers and pushed them into the wilderness beyond. With the Affiliation busted, it's been a time of retrenchment for Roland and what remains of his ka-tete, hiding and on the run from marauding mutants and Farson's mercenaries, But now, with the revelation that one of the Beam that support the Dark Tower is broken, thing couldn't possibly be any worse: First Roland's homeland, and now Mid-World itself, are on the brink of destruction.… (more)

English (15)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (16)
This one was a bit shorter than the last few, but just as powerful. The theme of betrayal continues from Treachary, and the villains bathe in the blood and pain that they cause.

This is the last in the prequel story arc, and sets us up for picking up the timeline in The Gunslinger. I'm pretty sure that the first graphic novel in that arc is already released, and I'm itching to get my hands on it. ( )
  dcrampton | Apr 20, 2022 |
This volume comes with a TON of sadness.

Gorgeous art, as always, but it's hard to see all of one's friends die on the battlefield. This should have been the end of all the gunslingers and Roland as well.

At least we now have the final, horrific bridge between his hard youth and the beginning of his long wandering and his quest for the Dark Tower.

*shiver*

This one was well met. Well met, indeed. ( )
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |
This was another beautiful installment in the Dark Tower series. The artwork is stunning, even though I am missing Jae Lee.

Taking place 9 years after the fall of Gilead, we pick up the ka-tet attempting to stand against the forces of evil at Jericho Hill. This is where it all happens, (no spoilers), and I'll admit it brought a tear to this cold heart.

I can't wait for the next one! (Thanks to my local library, I don't have to!) ( )
  Charrlygirl | Mar 22, 2020 |
Probably the best story line of the series so far. As usual, the artwork is amazing (although the way they draw some of the faces is still odd to me) and the writing is getting much, much better. My only real gripe is the way it ended; no way do Farson's men leave Roland for dead without knowing he truly is dead. Granted, from the books we know Jericho Hill was a bloodbath, but I think the writers here needed to come up with a better way for Roland to survive than the antagonists simply leaving the battlefield assuming everyone's dead. ( )
  Jarratt | Mar 27, 2019 |
Book #5
This was a sad one indeed. Again enjoyed the storyline and the art. Spoilers!! Unfortunately, we find out how Roland's ka-tet perishes and he is left alone on his quest for the Dark Tower. Bloody good series so far! ( )
  booklover3258 | Sep 2, 2016 |

David, Peterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Furth, Robinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
King, Stephenmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,689,082 books! | Top bar: Always visible