March: Book Three by John Lewis

March: Book Three

by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin (Author), Nate Powell (Illustrator)

Series: March (3)

This is one of the greatest memoirs ever rendered in graphic novel format. History comes alive and is filled with consequence both vast and immediate. Bravo! ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
Fantastic conclusion to the trilogy, including Lewis’s account of the internal split in SNCC and the march on Selma. Everyone should read this amazing trilogy. ( )
  jalbacutler | Jul 15, 2018 |
A solid conclusion to this series, taking us through the passage of the Voting Rights Act. I learned a lot. I would definitely recommend March to anyone who wants to understand more about the Civil Rights Movement. ( )
  lavaturtle | May 10, 2018 |
March: Book Three is about the civil rights movement from Congressman John Lewis, and a key figure in the movement. This book is not like any other book describing events from history but it finds a way to bring history to life with color and relating it to today's younger readers and events.
This is another good book to use to relate history to the younger generations while teaching them as well. ( )
  Sydneyls | Apr 23, 2018 |
This book is the third book of the trilogy series that takes place during the Civil Rights Movement. The book vividly explains details about segregation, racism, voting rights etc during the civil rights movement in Selma Alabama. I enjoyed this book because I am fascinated with the events during the civil rights movement. I believe in equality and have a hard time understanding why we would disclude anyone from the same rights just because of their skin color. This book is suitable for upper grade levels due to the graphic content and can be used to teach civil rights movements and can be a writing prompt where students are to write their own story of how they believe the Civil Rights movement was. ( )
  LauraRothfuss | Apr 23, 2018 |

John Lewisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Aydin, AndrewAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Powell, NateIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To the past and future children
of the movement.
September 15, 1963.
Birmingham, Alabama.

Welcome to the stunning conclusion of the award-winning and best-selling MARCH trilogy. Congressman John Lewis, an American icon and one of the key figures of the civil rights movement, joins co-writer Andrew Aydin and artist Nate Powell to bring the lessons of history to vivid life for a new generation, urgently relevant for today's world.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,133,782 books! | Top bar: Always visible