|2,823 (2,935)||55||4,013|| (3.9)||18||1|
- Winter's Bone 1,252 copies
- Tomato Red 305 copies, 12 reviews
- The Maid's Version 239 copies
- The Death of Sweet Mister 227 copies, 12 reviews
- The Bayou Trilogy: Under the Bright Lights, Muscle for the Wing, and The… 179 copies
- The Outlaw Album 161 copies, 13 reviews
- Give Us a Kiss 150 copies, 7 reviews
- Woe to Live On 137 copies, 6 reviews
- The Ones You Do 63 copies
- Under the Bright Lights 60 copies, 3 reviews
- Muscle for the Wing 48 copies, 1 review
- La muerte del pequeño Shug (Spanish Edition) 1 copy, 1 review
- Outlaw Album 1 copy
Top members (works)
Daniel Woodrell has 1 upcoming event.
Literary Sojour Author Study: Winters Bone
Woodrell flirts with but doesn't succumb to cliché in his eighth novel, a luminescent portrait of the poor and desperate South that drafts 16-year-old Ree Dolly, blessed with "abrupt green eyes," as its unlikely heroine. Ree, too young to escape the Ozarks by joining the army, cares for her two younger brothers and mentally ill mother after her methamphetamine-cooking father, Jessup, disappears. Recently arrested on drug charges, Jessup bonded out of jail by using the family home as collateral, but with a court date set in one week's time and Jessup nowhere to be found, Ree has to find him dead or alive or the house will be repossessed. Buy the book: Winters Bone
_ _ _
The Literary Sojourn Author Study is a series of book discussion programs designed to enhance the experience of reading for this year's Literary Sojourn. Participants read and discuss works from each of the featured authors prior to the live event.
Bud Werner Memorial Library's Michelle Dover facilitates the free discussions and the study is limited to 12 participants per meeting. For more information about the Literary Sojourn Author Study, please contact Michelle at email@example.com or (970) 879-0240, ext. 307.
Location: Street: Bud Werner Library City: Steamboat Springs, Province: Colorado Postal Code: 80487 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Daniel Woodrell has 4 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Related book awards
Improve this author
Daniel Woodrell is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Daniel Woodrell is composed of 4 names. You can examine and separate out names.