Melvil Decimal System: 330.972
Dewmoji: 👫 > 🐂 > 🐂 > ⌛ > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Capital; Labor; Wages
Of Land & Natural Resources
Socialism; Communism; Fascism; Anarchism
Public Finance & Taxation
Protection and Free Trade
Macroeconomics, Wealth Inequality, etc.
Dictionaries And Encyclopedias
Education And Research
Economic geography and history
Standard subdivisions and By Period
Other Geographic Classifications
Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Works under MDS 330.972
- The Caribbean: The Genesis of a Fragmented Nationalism by Franklin W. Knight
- Eyes of the Heart: Seeking a Path for the Poor in the Age of Globalization by Jean-Bertrand Aristide
- Offshore: The Dark Side of the Global Economy by William Brittain-Catlin
- Dollars & Dictators: A Guide to Central America by Tom Barry
- The Devil behind the Mirror: Globalization and Politics in the Dominican Republic by Steven Gregory
- Sugar and Slavery: An Economic History of the British West Indies, 1623-1775 by Richard B. Sheridan
- Economic History of Puerto Rico by James L. Dietz
- Spanish Central America: A Socioeconomic History, 1520-1720 (Llilas Special Publications) by Murdo J. MacLeod
- Revolution from Without: Yucatan, Mexico, and the United States, 1880-1924 by Gilbert M. Joseph
- Mexico: Class Formation, Capital Accumulation, and the State by James Cockroft
- Cuba: socialism and development by Rene Dumont
- Mexico by International Monetary Fund. African Dept.
- Mexico's Hope: An Encounter with Politics and History by James D. Cockcroft
- How Latin America Fell Behind: Essays on the Economic Histories of Brazil and Mexico by Stephen Haber
- The Politics of Mexican Development by Roger D. Hansen
- The Sandinista Revolution: National Liberation and Social Transformation in Central America by Carlos M. Vilas
- The Enclave Economy: Foreign Investment and Sustainable Development in Mexico's Silicon Valley by Kevin P. Gallagher
- The West Indies: Patterns of Development, Culture and Environmental Change since 1492 by David Watts
- Managing Mexico: Economists from Nationalism to Neoliberalism by Sarah Babb
- Antigua and Barbuda : Statistical Appendix by International Monetary Fund
- Mexico: Why a Few Are Rich and the People Poor by Ramon Ruiz
- Belize by International Monetary Fund. African Dept.
- Las reformas de Raúl Castro y el Congreso del Partido Comunista de Cuba : avances, obstáculos y resultados by Carmelo Mesa-Lago
- Hacienda and Market in Eighteenth-Century Mexico: The Rural Economy of the Guadalajara Region, 1675-1820 by Eric Van Young
- The Economy of Socialist Cuba: A Two Decade Appraisal by Carmelo Mesa-Lago
- Grenada by International Monetary Fund
- Penny capitalism a Guatemalan Indian economy (Institute of Social Anthropology Publication , 16) by Sol Tax
- Nicaragua: The threat of a good example? by Dianna Melrose
- Kuna Crafts, Gender, and the Global Economy by Karin E. Tice
- Sweet Negotiations: Sugar, Slavery, and Plantation Agriculture in Early Barbados by Russell R. Menard
- The Economic History of the Caribbean since the Napoleonic Wars by Victor Bulmer-Thomas
- Cuba at the Crossroads by Fidel Castro
- Open for Business: Building the New Cuban Economy by Richard Feinberg
- Confronting Globalization: Economic Integration and Popular Resistance in Mexico by Timothy A. Wise
- Colonial origins, institutions and economic performance in the Caribbean Guyana and Barbados by Michael Da Costa
- Trade, Tribute and Transportation: Sixteenth-century Political Economy of the Valley of Mexico by Ross Hassig
- Grenada : Statistical Appendix by International Monetary Fund
- The development of the plantations to 1750; an era of West Indian prosperity, 1750-1775 by Richard B. Sheridan
- The Cuban economy at the start of the twenty-first century by Jorge I. Domínguez
- Mexico, hoy (Historia inmediata) (Spanish Edition) by José Ayala
- Development and Growth in the Mexican Economy: A Historical Perspective by Juan Carlos Moreno-Brid
- Reclaiming Development: Independent Thought and the Caribbean Community by Kari Levitt
- Trinidad and Tobago : Statistical Appendix by International Monetary Fund
- The Contemporary Caribbean by Robert Potter
- The Bahamas by International Monetary Fund. African Dept.
- Cuba Under Raúl Castro: Assessing the Reforms by Carmelo Mesa-Lago
- Industrial Revolution in Mexico by Sanford A. mosk
- The Colonias Reader: Economy, Housing and Public Health in U.S.- Mexico Border Colonias by Angela J. Donelson
- Cuba: The Economic and Social Revolution by Dudley Seers
- Barbados : statistical appendix by International Monetary Fund
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.