Melvil Decimal System: 383.0
Dewmoji: 👫 > 🛣 > 📮 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Telecommunications (Telegraph, Internet, Cables, Broadcasting, Telephones, Movies)
Trains and Railroads
Rivers, Oceans, and Flight
City Transit (Cars, Buses, Trucks, Subways)
Weights and Measures; Metrology
Works under MDS 383.0
- Postage Stamps of the United States 1847-1963 by United States Postal Service
- Monon Route by George W. Hilton
- How They Carried the Mail by J. Walker McSpadden
- What's It Like to Be a Postal Worker (Young Careers) by Morgan Matthews
- The Post Office in Ireland: An Illustrated History by Stephen Ferguson
- Careers With the Postal Service (An Early Career Book) by Johanna Petersen
- The British Post Office: a History by Howard Robinson
- Electronic Postage Systems: Technology, Security, Economics (Advances in Information Security) by Gerrit Bleumer
- The Story of The Pony Express: Heroes on Horseback by Tom West
- Postmarks and Places by George Harlan
- English Provincial Posts, 1630-1840 by Brian Austen
- The role of the postal and delivery sector in a digital age by Michael A. Crew
- The Postal History of Jamaica 1662-1860 by Thomas Foster
- Postal history of the Australian Antarctic, 1911-1965 by Roy M Milner
- Wie viel kostet eine 70-Cent-Briefmarke?: Mein kurioser Arbeitsalltag hinter dem Postschalter by Melanie Habersetzer
- Integration von Infrastrukturen in Europa im historischen Vergleich. Band 3, Post by ANDREAS BENZ
- Mail screening and handling : a guide to understanding and mitigating risks by Mark Sullivan
- Le Père Noël de la Poste : Une surprenante histoire de son secrétariat (1962-2012) by Valérie-Inés de La Ville
- The multiple position letter sorting machine : an evaluation of visual, auditory, and human factor problems : report of a joint working group Committee on Vision Committee on Hearing, Bioacoustics, and Biomechanics by Assembly of Behavioral and Social Sciences (U.S.).
- Maine postal history and postmarks with additional material by Sterling T. Dow
- England's Postal History to 1840, with Notes on Scotland, Wales and Ireland by R.M. Willcocks
- The Australian Post Office : a brief history, 1809-1969
- Stamps and postal history of the Channel Islands vol 1-3 by O. W. Newport
- Thurn und Taxis 1517 - 1867 Zur Geschichte des fürstlichen Hauses und der Thurn und Taxisschen Post by Max Piendl
- The Travancore Anchal by N. S Mooss
- Stories of long ago, Niihau, Kauai, Oahu by Ida ELizabeth Knudsen Von Holt
- Competitiveness Creation and Maintenance in the Postal Services Industry: A Lithuanian Case Study by Vaida Pilinkienė
- I know a postman by Lorraine Henriod
- Postal services in the digital age by Matthias Finger
- Collecting postal history: Postmarks, cards, and covers by Prince. Dimitry Kandaouroff
- Nordnorsk posthistorie 1665-1850 : med posten inn i ei moderne tid by Hallvard Tjelmeland
- Postal Monopoly: Assessment of the Private Express Statutes (Evaluative studies) by J. Haldi
- The Mail Comes Through by Charles Gilbert Hall
- Rhode Island Postal History: the post offices by Lawrence Merolla, M., Jackson, Arthur B., Crowther, Frank M.
- Royal Mail; the story of the posts in England from the time of Edward IVth to the present day by F. George Kay
- Post offices and postmasters of Cape May County, New Jersey, 1802-1970 by Craig C. Mathewson
- Opportunities in Postal Service Careers (Opportunities Inseries) by Mark Uri Toch
- Confederate postal history : an anthology from The Stamp specialist by Francis J. Crown
- The Future of the Postal Sector in a Digital World (Topics in Regulatory Economics and Policy) by Michael A. Crew
- Zheng Jiale zhuan / Huang Jianda zhu. = 郑嘉乐传 / 黃建大著. = 鄭嘉樂傳 / 黃建大著. by Jianda Huang
- Australian Spelling, Postcode and STD Guide by Brian Bailey
- An Australia Post history of the Brisbane General Post Office by Australia Post
- Progress toward Liberalization of the Postal and Delivery Sector by Michael A. Crew
- Millthorpe post office history
- The national postal museum by Prudence Tracy
- History Of The Post Office In Tasmania. by Australia Post
- Directory of Post Offices, with ZIP Codes by United States Post Office Department
- Collecting postal history : postmarks, cards and covers by Prince. Dimitry Kandaouroff
- The postal history and stamps of Bermuda by M. H. Ludington
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.