Melvil Decimal System: 701.82
Dewmoji: 🎨 > 🎨 > 📚 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Landscape design; City planning
Graphic arts and decorative arts ; design
Printmaking and prints
Amusements and Recreation
Theory And Instruction
Dictionaries And Encyclopedias
Education And Research
Biography And History
Color, Composition, And Perspective
Works under MDS 701.82
- Eyewitness Art: Perspective by Alison Cole
- Florence and Baghdad: Renaissance Art and Arab Science by Hans Belting
- The Origin of Perspective by Hubert Damisch
- The Art of Perspective: The Ultimate Guide for Artists in Every Medium by Phil Metzger
- DK Art School: An Introduction to Perspective by Ray Smith
- The Invention of Infinity: Mathematics and Art in the Renaissance by J.V. Field
- The Mirror, the Window, and the Telescope: How Renaissance Linear Perspective Changed Our Vision of the Universe by Samuel Y. Edgerton
- Art and Representation by John Willats
- Extreme Perspective! For Artists: Learn the Secrets of Curvilinear, Cylindrical, Fisheye, Isometric, and Other Amazing Systems that Will Make Your Drawings Pop Off the Page (Book & DVD) by David Chelsea
- Theory and Practice of Perspective (Dover Art Instruction) by G. A. Storey
- The Geometry of an Art (Sources and Studies in the History of Mathematics and Physical Sciences) by Kirsti Andersen
- Basic Perspective for Artists: "A Guide to the Creative Use of Perspective in Drawing, Painting and Design" by Keith R. West
- The Elements of Perspective by John Ruskin
- Perspective for Artists (Pitman 22) by Edward Laning
- Perspective & Composition (Barron's Art Handbooks) by Parramon's Editorial Team
- Perspective in the Visual Culture of Classical Antiquity by Rocco Sinisgalli
- Art, Politics, and Development (Politics History & Social Chan) by Philipp Lepenies
- Seeing whole : toward an ethics and ecology of sight by Mark Ledbetter
- Le dessin en perspective by Gilles Ronin
- Brook Taylor's Work on Linear Perspective: A Study of Taylor's Role in the History of Perspective Geometry. Including Facsimiles of Taylor's Two Books ... History of Mathematics and Physical Sciences) by Kirsti Andersen
- Applied perspective, for architects, painters, and art students by John M. Holmes
- Grasping shadows : the dark side of literature, painting, photography, and film by William Sharpe
- Perspective as Symbolic Form Hardcover – November 14, 1991 by Erwin Panofsky
- Vanishing Points: Three Dimensional Perspective in Art and History by Milton E. Brener
- The blossoming of perspective : a study by Penelope Haralambidou
- La prospettiva del Rinascimento. Arte, architettura, scienza by Filippo Camerota
- Wege zum Bild by Ulrich Klieber
- The invention of infinity : mathematics and art in the Renaissance by Judith Veronica Field
- Masters of illusion
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.