Melvil Decimal System: 759.38
Dewmoji: 🎨 > 🎨 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Landscape design; City planning
Graphic arts and decorative arts ; design
Printmaking and prints
Amusements and Recreation
Materials and Methods
Epic; Mythic; Idealistic
Genre And Still Life
Historical; Battles, etc.
Landscape, marine, nature, architecture, cityscape, other subjects
American And Canadian
Germany & Central Europe
Spanish and Portuguese
Czech Republic & Slovakia
Works under MDS 759.38
- Memories Of My Life In A Polish Village, 1930-1949 by Toby Fluek
- Tamara de Lempicka: The Queen of the Modern by Gioia Mori
- Tamara de Lempicka by Patrick Bade
- Tamara de Lempicka: The Artist, The Woman, The Legend by Emmanuel Breon
- Tamara De Lempicka (Pegasus) by Stefanie Penck
- Wilhelm Sasnal by Dominic Eichler
- A mirror to my life by Perle Hessing
- Zdzislaw Beksinski by Tadeusz Nyczek
- Contemporary Painting in Poland by Richard Noyce
- Jan Matejko by Janusz Maciej Michaowski
- 15 Polish painters by N.Y.) Museum of Modern Art (New York
- Painting a People: Maurycy Gottlieb and Jewish Art by Ezra Mendelsohn
- Wojciech Kossak by Kazimierz Olszanski
- Jerzy Duda-Gracz by Jerzy Duda-Gracz
- Josef Herman: The Work Is the Life by Robert Heller
- Tamara De Lempicka: tra eleganza e trasgressione by Tamara de Lempicka
- Jacek Malczewski, 1854-1929 by Lawnicza
- Maksymilian Gierymski by Halina Stepien
- Tamara de Lempicka
- Aleksander Gierymski by Aleksander Gierymski
- Kantor Ma Creation, Mon Voyage by Tadeusz Kantor
- Nineteenth century Polish painting
- Malarstwo Maksymiliana Gierymskiego by Halina Stępień
- A Discovering eye: Polish painting in the collection of Tom Podl = Odkrywcze oko : malarstwo polskie w kolekcji Toma Pod by Tom Podl
- Malczewski, a vision of Poland : an exhibition organised by Barbican Art Gallery and the National Museum, Poznań by Agnieszka Ławniczakowa
- The Paintings of Ruszkowski by Zdzislaw Ruszkowski
- The Human Motif: Zofia Kulik by Zofia Kulik
- Fangor [exhibition] The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, November 1970 by Wojciec Fangor
- Jan Matejko by Juliusz Starzyński
- In the flower of youth : Maurycy Gottlieb, 1856-1879 by Nehama Guralnik
- Edward Dwurnik : the way to the East. Paintings 1989-90, from December to June paintings 1990. by Edward. Dwurnik
- Dziennik by Ferdynand Ruszczyc
- Contemporary Polish painting by Jerzy Zanoziński
- DuMont Dokumente - Polnische Malerei von 1830-1914 by Jens Christian Jensen
- מאוריצי גוטליב : אמנות, היסטוריה, זיכרון by עזרא מנדלסון
- Malarstwo polskie w kolekcji Ewy i Wojciecha Fibakow =: Polish painting in the Ewa and Wojtek Fibak collection
- Józef Mehoffer by Anna Zeńczak
- Kolekcja imienia Jana Pawła II z fundacji Janiny i Zbigniewa Karola Porczyńskich by Muzeum Archidiecezji Warszawskiej (Warszawa),
- Passion & Paradox: The Art of Stanislaw Frenkiel by Anthony Dyson
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.