Melvil Decimal System: 917.30493
Dewmoji: 🗿 > ⚓ > 🌽 > 🇺🇸 > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Geography and Travels
Maps and Atlases
Ancient World -- Antiquties And Archaeology
Pacific and Polar Regions
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Works under MDS 917.30493
- Stephen Fry in America by Stephen Fry
- National Geographic Guide to the National Parks of the United States by National Geographic Society
- Road Trip USA: Cross-Country Adventures on America's Two-Lane Highways by Jamie Jensen
- The Most Scenic Drives in America: 120 Spectacular Road Trips by Reader's Digest
- Queen of the Road: The True Tale of 47 States, 22,000 Miles, 200 Shoes, 2 Cats, 1 Poodle, a Husband, and a Bus with a Will of Its Own by Doreen Orion
- The Ride of Our Lives: Roadside Lessons of an American Family by Mike Leonard
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: USA by DK Publishing
- Roadside Americana by Eric Peterson
- Turn Left At The Trojan Horse: A Would-Be Hero's American Odyssey by Brad Herzog
- The Year of the Goat: 40,000 Miles and the Quest for the Perfect Cheese by Margaret Hathaway
- America's National Parks: The Spectacular Forces That Shaped Our Treasured Lands by Paul Schullery
- Bradt Rail Guide USA by Rail by John Pitt
- Apple's America: The Discriminating Traveler's Guide to 40 Great Cities in the United States and Canada by R. W. Apple
- Lonely Planet USA's Best Trips by Sara Benson
- Top Secret Tourism: Your Travel Guide to Germ Warfare Laboratories, Clandestine Aircraft Bases and Other Places in the United States You're Not Supposed to Know About by Harry Helms
- The National Parks of America by Michael Brett
- The Complete Civil War Road Trip Guide: 10 Weekend Tours and More than 400 Sites, from Antietam to Zagonyi's Charge by Michael Weeks
- Frommer's Complete Guide: USA by Bill Goodwin
- American Places: A Writer's Pilgrimage to 15 of This Country's Most Visited and Cherished Sites by William Knowlton Zinsser
- Living and Working in America: A Survival Handbook (Living and Working Guides) by David Hampshire
- Breaking the Limit: One Woman's Motorcycle Journey Through North America by Karen Larsen
- Frommer's National Parks with Kids by Kurt Repanshek
- On the Road to Mr. Right by Belinda Jones
- The Official Guide to America's National Parks, 13th Edition (Special-Interest Titles) by Fodor's
- The USA Book by Karla Zimmerman
- Road Trip America: A State-By-State Tour Guide to Offbeat Destinations by Andrew F. Wood
- Haunted Hikes: Spine-Tingling Tales and Trails from North America's National Parks by Andrea Lankford
- Small World: A Microcosmic Journey by Brad Herzog
- American Interior: The quixotic journey of John Evans, his search for a lost tribe and how, fuelled by fantasy and (possibly) booze, he accidentally annexed a third of North America by Gruff Rhys
- Fodor's Essential USA: Spectacular Cities, Natural Wonders, and Great American Road Trips by Fodor's
- Hamburger America: Completely Revised and Updated Edition: A State-by-State Guide to 150 Great Burger Joints by George Motz
- Route 66: 2,297 Miles from Chicago to LA by Nick Freeth
- Riding with Strangers: A Hitchhiker's Journey by Elijah Wald
- Discover America by Reader's Digest
- Lonely Planet USA & Canada on A Shoestring by Robert Reid
- Road Trip USA Route 66 by Jamie Jensen
- All Gone to Look for America by Peter Millar
- Frommers Exploring America by RV, 1st Edition by Shirley Slater
- National Geographic Guide to Great Weekend Getaways by National Geographic Society
- Immersion Travel USA: The Best and Most Meaningful Volunteering, Living, and Learning Excursions (Immersion Travel USA) by Sheryl Kayne
- Ramble: A Field Guide to the U.S.A. (Ramble Guides) by Eric Peterson
- Lonely Planet USA's Best National Parks by Lonely Planet
- Lonely Planet USA (Travel Guide) by Lonely Planet
- Lonely Planet USA's National Parks (Travel Guide) by Lonely Planet
- Travels with Macy by Bruce Fogle
- Fodor's The Thirteen Colonies, 1st Edition: Relive America's First Days---Explore Revolutionary War Sites, Colonial Home by Fodor's
- Divine Magnetic Lands: A Journey in America by Timothy O'Grady
- USA's Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips by Lonely Planet
- Progressive Nation: A Travel Guide with 400 Left Turns and Inspiring Landmarks by Jerome Pohlen
- Lewis and Clark Road Trips: Exploring the Trail Across America (Great American Road Trips series) by Kira Gale
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.