Melvil Decimal System: 922.5
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 👩🏾 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Of Fine Arts
Primitive apostles, fathers, etc. oriental, Greek Russian
Roman catholic: popes, cardinals, etc.
Anglican and protestant episcopal
Continental protestant: Lutheran, Huguenot
Presbyterian and congregational
Unitarian, universalist and other
Ethnic and other
Works under MDS 922.5
- Reminiscences of my life and times both in church and state in Australia for upwards of fifty years by John Dunmore Lang
- A Full History of the Wonderful Career of Moody and Sankey in Great Britain and America by E. J Goodspeed
- Livingstone, 1873-1973, by Brendan W. Lloyd
- Nathaniel William Taylor, 1786-1858;: A Connecticut liberal, by Sidney Earl Mead
- John Owen--Commonwealth Puritan by R. Glynne Lloyd
- John McMillan: The Apostle of Presbyterianism in the West 1752-1833 by Dwight Raymond Guthrie
- Richard Mather of Dorchester by B. R. Burg
- Pioneer women of the Presbyterian Church, United States by Mary D Irvine
- The Autobiography of William E. Barton by William E. Barton
- Surpreendido Pela Graça (Em Portuguese do Brasil) by Richard Shaull
- The Papers of John Mackenzie (Landmarks in Ethnography) by Anthony Dachs
- The Life of Edwards Amasa Park by Frank Hugh Foster
- A Great Coloniser: The Rev. Dr Thomas Burns, Pioneer Minister of Otago and Nephew of the Poet by Ernest Northcroft Merrington
- Misi Gete: John Geddie pioneer missionary to the New Hebrides by R.S. Miller
- Paterna: The Autobiography of Cotton Mather by Cotton Mather
- A life for the Congo; the story of Althea Brown Edmiston by Julia Lake Kellersberger
- A brother is a stranger by Toru Matsumoto
- The main trail by Ralph J. Hall
- Memoir of Rev. Alvan Hyde, D.D., of Lee, Mass by Alvan Hyde
- Memoirs of Mrs. Ruth Patten, of Hartford, Conn., with letters and incidental subjects by William Patten
- Memoirs of the Rev. Walter M. Lowrie, Missionary to China by Walter M Lowrie
- Sketches of his life; accompanied by eight discourses; together with poetic effusions, on various occasions and topics by Ezekiel Cheever
- A narrative of the confinement and exile of William Steel Dickson, D. D. formerly minister of the Presbyterian congregations of Ballyhalbert and Portaferry, in the county of Down, and now of Keady, in the county of Armagh. : To which is annexed, an account of an assault committed on the author, September 9th, 1811, on his return from the Catholic meeting in the city of Armagh; with a sketch of proceedings consequent thereon. by William Steel Dickson
- Sketches of the life of the late Rev. Samuel Hopkins, D.D., pastor of the First Congregational Church in Newport by Samuel Hopkins
- In His Steps Today by by Charles W. Helsley. Obsequies. Ed. Charles M. Sheldon. St. Charles of Topeka, comp. and designed by Henry F. Henrichs
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.