Melvil Decimal System: 971.243
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🇨🇦 > 🛢 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
New Brunswick and Atlantic Provinces
Nova Scotia and Acadia
Prince Edward Island
Newfoundland and Labrador
Works under MDS 971.243
- Wolf Willow: A History, a Story, and a Memory of the Last Plains Frontier (Penguin Twentieth-Century Classics) by Wallace Stegner
- Lady Rancher by Gertrude Minor Roger
- A Place By The Notukeu - Vanguard by Vanguard Historical Society
- Gull Lake Memories : A History of the Town of Gull Lake by Town of Gull Lake History Committee
- From Wood Mountain to the Whitemud : a historical survey of the Grasslands National Park area by 1950- D. M. (Donald Merwin) Loveridge
- Swift Current Olympic Torch Relay Community Celebration (10 January 2010) by Unknown
- The Cypress Hills by Tom Primrose
- Our Side of the Hills : A History of Robsart, Vidora, Consul, Senate, Govenlock and Area (Volume 1) by Reno History Book Association
- Tompkins Trials and Triumphs : Tompkins and its Early Trading Area by Tompkins Pioneer History Group, Sask
- Prairie Wool : A History of Climax and Surrounding School Districts by Stone Diggers Historical Society
- "As it was..." A Treasure-House of Memories by Hazlet Home and School Association
- Faith When Dreams Die by Olaf Friggstad
- Rippling Memories by Bench History Hustlers
- The Past to the Present : 70 years, 1909-1979 by Sceptre-Lemsford Historical Association
- Treasured Memories by Yellow Lake History Group
- Yesteryear History of our Pioneers by Yesteryear History Committee.,
- Prairie Memories by Webb & District History Committee
- Hallonquist : A Light in the Window by Hallonquist Historical Society
- Sand Hill Vintage by Unknown
- Success : History of a District by The Success History Book Committee
- A Salute to Saskatchewan's Pioneers 1905 - 1965 by and Glen McPherson 46 Diamond Jubilee Committees of Rural Municipalities of Mankota 45, Local improvement Districts No. 920 and No. 923
- Along a Prairie Trail. by Saskatchewan Lucky Lake
- Our Pioneers by Cypress Hills Pioneers Association
- Admiral : Prairie to Wheatfields by Admiral History Book Club.,
- Prairie Trails Along the Pintos by Mabel E. Dixon
- Looking back at victory by Ethel Welch
- 75 Years A City : Swift Current, Sask. by Peter Godfrey
- Memories to Cherish : Stewart Valley and Leinan by Stewart Valley – Leinan History Book Committee
- Growing Up in a Dust Bowl and Other Short Stories by Phyllis Hope White
- Growing Up With Grandpa by Bert Itterman
- Lac Pelletier the Early Years by Lac La Plume Historical Society
- Quarter Stake Echoes by South Shaunavon History Club
- Swift Current Golden Jubilee: 1914 - 1964 by City of Swift Current
- History of Cadillac and Surrounding District by Alta Legros
- Simmie Saga by Simmie and District History Book Club
- Grassland Settlers : The Swift Current Region During the Era of the Ranching Frontier by Don C. McGowan
- The green and growing years : Swift Current, 1907-1914 by Don C. McGowan
- River Hills to Sand Hills : A History of Pennant District by The Pennant and District History Book Committee
- Land I Can Own by Edna Tyson Parson
- The Cypress Hills Massacre by Robert Clipperton
- City of Swift Current Presents Ford Women's World Curling (2010) by Unknown
- From Prairie Trails to Pavement by North Gull Lake Historical Association
- "Those Were the Days" in Swift Current by Jim Greenblat
- Yesterday is Gone Forever by lars larson
- White Bear Memory by G. Schuler
- Next Year Country : Austinville Coal Valley, Dahlia, Georgina, Grassy Creek, Harty, Instow, Marcliffe, North Instow, Pilot, Rock Creek, Scotsguard, Thompson Valley, Voll, Wilkinson by Notukeu History Book Club
- Buffalo Horn Valley : Recollections of Myrtle G. Moorhouse by Myrtle G. Moorhouse
- Tears, Toil and Triumph : Townships 1, 2 & 3, Range 22 by Clay Centre Handicraft Club.,
- Pioneer Co-operative Association Ltd. 60th by Pioneer Co-operative Association Ltd.
- In the Beginning... Portreeve Pioneer Past by Portreeve Centennial Committee
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.