Melvil Decimal System: 975.93
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🌴 > 🌀 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
District Of Columbia
Works under MDS 975.93
- The Everglades: River of Grass by Marjory Stoneman Douglas
- Paradise Screwed: Selected Columns of Carl Hiaasen by Carl Hiaasen
- The Swamp: The Everglades, Florida, and the Politics of Paradise by Michael Grunwald
- Everglades by Jean Craighead George
- Madness Under the Royal Palms: Love and Death Behind the Gates of Palm Beach by Laurence Leamer
- The Prize Pulitzer by Roxanne Pulitzer
- Totch: A Life in the Everglades by Loren G. Brown
- The Season: Inside Palm Beach and America's Richest Society by Ronald Kessler
- Fool's Paradise: Players, Poseurs, and the Culture of Excess in South Beach by Steven Gaines
- Miami Babylon: Crime, Wealth, and Power--A Dispatch from the Beach by Gerald Posner
- True Tales of the Everglades by Stuart McIver
- Everglades: Buffalo Tiger and the River of Grass (River) by Peter Lourie
- Lake Okeechobee by Alfred Jackson and Kathry Abbey Hanna [edited By M
- Miami Beach: Blueprint of an Eden by Michele Oka Doner
- Miami Then and Now (Then & Now) by Arva Moore Parks
- The Big One: Hurricane Andrew by Steve Rice
- Miami, U.S.A. (The Florida History and Culture Series) by Helen Muir
- Palm Beach Babylon: Sins, Scams, and Scandals by Murray Weiss
- Everglades National Park (True Books: National Parks) by Wende Fazio
- The Commodore's Story by Ralph Middleton Munroe
- Killer 'Cane: The Deadly Hurricane of 1928 by Robert Mykle
- Life and Death on the Loxahatchee by James D. Snyder
- Katrina Revisited by Express Publishing
- Gladesmen: Gator Hunters, Moonshiners, and Skiffers (Florida History and Culture) by GLEN SIMMONS
- The Lives of Vizcaya: Annals of a Great House by K. Harwood
- Crackers in the Glade: Life and Times in the Old Everglades by Rob Storter
- South Beach: America's Riviera, Miami Beach, Florida by Bill Wisser
- Miami Beach Memories: A Nostalgic Chronicle of Days Gone By by Joann Biondi
- Miami by Santi Visalli
- Hurricane!: The Rage of Hurricane Andrew (True Adventure) by Patricia Lantier-Sampon
- My Love Affair With Miami Beach by Richard Nagler
- Everglades, In Pictures: The Continuing Story by W. Eugene Cox
- Fort Lauderdale (FL) (Images of America) by Susan Gillis
- West Palm Beach: 1893 to 1950 (FL) (Images of America) by Lynn Lasseter Drake
- Boca Raton (FL) (Images of America) by Cynthia Thuma
- Conchtown USA: Bahamian Fisherfolk in Riviera Beach, Florida by CHARLES C. FOSTER
- Palm Beach County: An Illustrated History by Donald Walter Curl
- Pompano Beach by Frank J. Cavaioli
- Miami: City of the Future, Revised Edition by T. D. Allman
- Palm Beach Past: The Best of "Post Time" by Eliot Kleinberg
- Before the Pioneers: Indians, Settlers, Slaves, and the Founding of Miami (Florida in Focus) by Andrew K. Frank
- Half a Century in Florida by August Burghard
- The Cuban Americans (The New Americans) by Miguel Gonzalez-Pando
- Palm Beach (FL) (Images of America) by Richard A. Marconi
- A Nicaraguan Family by Michael Malone
- Lemon City: Pioneering on Biscayne Bay, 1850-1925 by Thelma Peters
- Hollywood (FL) (Images of America) by Richard Roberts
- Coral Gables by Seth H. Bramson
- George Merrick, Son of the South Wind: Visionary Creator of Coral Gables by Arva Moore Parks
- The American Jungle: The Adventures of Charlie Pierce by Harvey E. Oyer, III
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.