Another Silly Game Part 178
Join LibraryThing to post.
This topic is currently marked as "dormant"—the last message is more than 90 days old. You can revive it by posting a reply.
The 50 Greatest Players in New York Yankees History by Robert W. Cohen
Read and reviewed July 2013
Suggested Rules of the Game:
1. Please play on the most recent correct post.
2 Please verify that no one else has posted while you were preparing your post.
3. The title of the book cited must have one word, at least, which is the same as a word in the previous title.
4. The repeated word in the new title must be other than an article ("a," "an," or "the").
5. The repeated word must be spelled exactly as the word was spelled in the previous title, e.g., "prune" is not the same word as "prunes," and "loyal" is not the same word as "loyalty."
6. The repeated word must be in the title as shown in a LT library listing, or on the title page of the book. A sub-title or a series name can be included if the sub-title or series name is included in the title of a LT library listing, or is printed on the title page of the book.
7. A hyphenated word is one word, not two, e.g., "thunder-clouds," and if used must be repeated in full, not in part only.
8. No repeats on current thread.
9. If you have read the book it would be informative that you so indicate and tell when you read it, if you can.
10. Try to use Touchstones. Put brackets around the title and double brackets around the author. If Touchstones don't work, try using an HTML link.
Eminent Outlaws: The Gay Writers who Changed America by Christopher Bram
5454. Romantic Outlaws The Extraordinary Lives of Mary Wollstonecraft & Mary Shelley, by Charlotte Gordon (read 26 Mar 2017) (National Book Critics Circle biography award for 2015)
The Quotable Paul Johnson; a Topical Compilation of his
Wit, Wisdom and Satire ed. by George J. Marlin
275. I Married Adventure The Lives and Adventure of Martin and Osa Johnson, by Osa Johnson (read 15 Aug 1946)
The Woo-Woo: How I Survived Ice Hockey, Drug Raids, Demons, and My Crazy Chinese Family by Lindsay Wong. Read last April.
"Careers for Writers and Others who have a
way with Words" by Robert Bly
The Way of the Strangers: Encounters with the Islamic State by Graeme Wood. Read last week.
Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us) by Tom Vanderbilt Read in January, 2009.
5376. The Dictator's Handbook Why Bad Behavior Is Almost Always Good Politics, by Bruce Bueno De Mesquita and Alastair Smith (read 17 May 2016)
Exporting Democracy: The Risks and Rewards of Pursuing a Good Idea by Bob Rae. Read in January, 2012
4609. The First 125 Years An Illustrated History of The Georgetown University Law Center (read 20 Aug 2009)
New and Old: A Volume of Verse
by John Addington Symonds
Win, Tie, or Wrangle: The Inside Story of the Old Ottawa Senators 1883-1935 by Paul Kitchen. Read December, 2008
The Tree Where Man Was Born: The African Experience- Peter Mattiessen
Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right by Jane Mayer Read August/2017
3745. The Third Republic of France The First Phase 1871-1894, by Guy Chapman (read 16 May 2003)
Forgotten God: Reversing our Tragic Neglect of the
Holy Spirit by Francis Chan
4988. Sister Queens The Noble, Tragic Lives of Katherine of Aragon and Juana, Queen of Castile, by Julia Fox (read 4 Jan 2013)
In the Arms of Morpheus: the Tragic History of Morphine,
Laudanum and Patent Medicines by Barbara Hodgson
Other People's Books: Association Copies and the Stories They Tell by Thomas Tanselle
I am one of the 52 authors.
Why Sacagawea Deserves the Day Off and Other Lessons from the Lewis and Clark Trail by Stephenie Ambrose Tubbs. Read in August, 2015
This Woman Deserves a Party -- M. Engelbreit
by Terry Lee Bilsky
Fun Yum Friends: you should be in a Circus
by Tony Barber
The Circus (A Moving Eye Book)
by Bendon Publishing International
The Bride Of Frankenstein Doesn't Bake Cookies by Debbie Dadey
The Wisdom of God Manifested in the Works of the Creation, in two Parts. : Viz. The Heavenly Bodies, Elements, Meteors, Fossils, Vegetables, Animals, (Beasts, Birds, Fishes, and Insects) More Particularly in the Body of the Earth, its Figure, Motion, and Consistency, and in the Admirable Structure of the Bodies of man, and Other Animals, as Also in Their Generation, &c. by John Ray
A Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich - Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Another Day in the Frontal Lobe: A Brain Surgeon Exposes Life on the Inside by Katrina Firlik. Read in June, 2008
5471. Sandra Day O'Connor How the First Woman on the Supreme Court Became Its Most Influential Justice, by Joan Biskupic (read 16 May 2017)
The Electric Woman: A Memoir in Death-Defying Acts by Tessa Fontaine
Discovering North Carolina: a Tar Heel Reader
by Jack Claiborne
Red Notice: A True Story of High Finance, Murder, and One Man's Fight for Justice by Bill Browder. Read in May, 2018
The Trials and Tribulations of Little Red Riding Hood by Jack Zipes. Read in September, 2012
Empire Made: My Search for an Outlaw Uncle Who Vanished in British India by Kief Hillsbery
Star Wars, Dark Horse, Mini Planet: Han Solo, Chewbacca
Land on a Planet of Ghosts by Steve Niles
The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse by Louise Erdrich.
Read in Sept. 2007
War within a War; the Confederacy against itself by Carlton Beals
The Dilemmas of Lenin: Terrorism, War, Empire, Love, Revolution by Tariq Ali. Read last February
When Strangers Meet: How People You Don't Know Can Transform You by Kio Stark Read last August
The Way of the Strangers: Encounters with the Islamic State by Graeme Wood. Read last month
Time as a Metaphor of History: Early India
by Romila Thapar
2828. California's Reluctant Prelate: The Life and Times of Right Reverend Thaddeus Amat, C.M. (1811-1878), by Rev. Francis J. Weber (read 23 Jan 1996)
2288. The Borrowed Years 1938-1941: America on the Way to War, by Richard M. Ketchum (read 28 Apr 1990)