This topic is currently marked as "dormant"—the last message is more than 90 days old. You can revive it by posting a reply.
We have some rules this year for the donation thread!
Members will be eligible for SantaThing donations if they meet the following two criteria:
- They must have been a member for at least two months (so, their account must have been created no later than September 18, 2019).
- They must have at least 50 books cataloged in their account.*
*Suggestions! If you are in a rut with this one and unsure how to get your book amount up try this! Add books to your wishlist or books you have read but do not own. As long as the overall count is over 50 then you are good to go!
The former is not easy to get around, but it is fairly easy to add more books to one's account if you're not quite at the 50 book threshold yet. Should someone in this situation request a donation, either Mellymel171328 or katemcangus will contact them directly to encourage them to beef up their catalog first.
Please feel free to ask if you are in need of a donation! If you want to become a secret santa and give an anonymous donation please feel free to message me directly. :)
Blog Post: https://blog.librarything.com/main/2019/11/santathing-2019-bookish-secret-santa/
Talk topic: https://www.librarything.com/topic/313157
Main SantaThing page: https://www.librarything.com/santathing.php
Help page: https://wiki.librarything.com/index.php/SantaThing
Please any questions contact me: I will answer to the best of my ability.
Please send any questions to: for official LibraryThing and SantaThing questions.
Happy SantaThing everyone!
xhollishx's 8 year old daughter
Thank you so much❤️
Not sure if you missed me or if I'm not eligible...
Not sure if you missed me the first time or if I'm not eligible...
You can buy a gift code here: https://www.librarything.com/santathing_giftpay.php
The page looks like this:
When you finish that process, you will be given a gift code. You can then give that to mellymel171328 , or you can give someone the gift directly.
To use a gift code, create a new SantaThing entry. After you fill in the first page, it'll take you to the payment page. There you will find an "I have a gift code" link. Click that and put your gift code there.
1. If you just want to buy a gift for a friend or family member, and you'll be filling everything out, don't use this method. The regular SantaThing Signup has a space to mark that the SantaThing is for someone else.
2. The gift code you use will trump the amount you entered. So if you enter $40 as your price, but your gift code is for $35, you will get $35.
I'm going to be inviting Litsy members to donate and to ask for donations, if they need them. Either I'll coordinate or someone from that community will step up.
I propose as the invitation floor:
1. Must be a Litsy member for two months
2. Because not everyone uses the Litsy "library" feature—which is so lame compared to LT!—then "must have at least 8 posts in the last two months."
3. Must be/become a LibraryThing member, so they can ask here.
Let's keep the donations separate for now, so you don't have to deal with it, mellymel171328. LibraryThing/Litsy will chip in two free Litsy-specific donations to start things, and we'll see if they get involved.
Many thanks, and Happy Holidays!
May I be added to the donations list?
Thank you mellymel for all your work and to LT for providing such a fun time with SantaThing.