The True Story of the Three Little Pigs (1989)

by Jon Scieszka

Other authors: Lane Smith (Illustrator)

The wolf gives his own outlandish version of what really happened when he tangled with the three little pigs.

English (613)  Spanish (1)  Japanese (1)  All languages (615)
I realize it was meant to be humorous, but I do not like that the book contained the word darn. ( )
  MrsGlass | May 23, 2021 |
This book is a traditional fiction story. It is a spin on the 3 Little Pigs story. It is set in the perspective of the wolf. This book shows children that there are more sides to a story and to not judge someone off of one thing. It shows the original story in a different light. ( )
  bellawalsh | Apr 18, 2021 |
This is a classic for any classroom. It takes a different spin on the classic story, making it new and engaging for any reader. ( )
  ellieclairepotts | Apr 17, 2021 |
This book follows the old tale of the three little pigs from the perspective of the wolf. In this book the wolf proclaims they are innocent and explains his side of the story. ( )
  virreyes7 | Mar 18, 2021 |
The book takes place in an animated fictional world based on an old traditional story of The Three little Pigs . The big bad wolf is the narrator with a lot to stay about the real truth of what happen that day the house got blown down . I would use the book to connect with my students when introducing progtaginst and antagonist. ( )
  Haley.c143 | Nov 20, 2020 |

Scieszka, Jonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Smith, LaneIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Giamatti, PaulNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Giamatti, PaulNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Everybody knows the story of the Three Little Pigs. Or at least they think they do. But I'll let you in on a little secret. Nobody knows the real story, because nobody has ever heard my side of the story.
To Jeri and Molly
Everyone knows the story of the Three Little Pigs.
Hey, it's not my fault wolves eat cute little animals like bunnies and sheep and pigs...If cheeseburgers were cute, folks would probably think you were Big and Bad, too.
The real story is about a sneeze and a cup of sugar.
I don't know how this whole Big Bad Wolf thing got started, but it's all wrong

This story has a great lead, so good for teaching how to make a lead.

We all have heard about the three little pigs and their run-in with the big bad wolf, but what if their story wasn't true? This book allows A. Wolf to get his two sense in and explain why a sneeze and a cup of sugar was the reasoning for everything.

In class: make a lead, fairytales, adoptions in other stories and cultures, develop own twist to a classic fairytale

Jon Scieszka is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,048,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible