Eleanor, Crown Jewel of Aquitaine (2002)

by Kristiana Gregory

Series: The Royal Diaries (France, 1136)

The diary of Eleanor, first daughter of the duke of Aquitaine, from 1136 until 1137, when at age fifteen she becomes queen of France. Includes historical notes on her later life.

The diary section of this book was rather boring. The entries spent more time discussing the day to day banality of Eleanor's life and glossed over major events. The author was, I'm assuming, trying to paint a picture of life in medieval France. This was not accomplished as successfully as other books she has written in this series. What saved this book from a one-star rating was Gregory's research for the historical notes in the back. This section was well-researched and well-written. This section gave a better picture than the diary entries of Eleanor's life. ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
I don't know what it was about this book, but I just couldn't get into it as much as I would have liked. It was still a good book, I still learned a lot about France, I just couldn't connect with the main character. I can see where this would appeal to kids of the right age group though. 3.75 out of 5 stars. I would recommend it. ( )
  Beammey | Jan 23, 2016 |
It was one of my favorite royal diaries books. The romance and the excitement kept me reading. ( )
  SRaval | Dec 12, 2012 |
I absolutely love the entire Royal Diaries series. They are all incredibly brilliant. MY favorite are Jahanara, Eleanor and Lady of Ch'iao Kuo. They're a great way to learn history. ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 5, 2012 |
The diary of Eleanor, the first daughter of the duke of Aquitaine, from 1136 until 1137, when at the age of fifteen she becomes queen of France.
  hgcslibrary | Nov 29, 2009 |

Belongs to Series

The Royal Diaries (France, 1136)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,123,069 books! | Top bar: Always visible