Valor's Choice by Tanya Huff

Valor's Choice (2000)

by Tanya Huff

Series: Confederation (1)

Three years ago I started this book and shortly after left it in the back burner. What was I thinking? What the hell was wrong with me? This time around I've had a blast! I loved it! I loved Torin! I loved the banter! I want more! Gimme more!!! ( )
  Tacuazin | Feb 28, 2018 |
Relatively light military SF that stands out for lack of misogyny (well, it's Huff, and she is quite good at that). It's basically marines in space and besides fighting aliens, it's mostly about how the marines relate to each other. ( )
1 vote zjakkelien | Jan 2, 2017 |
Sci.fi, military and action. That is what you get when you read this book. And for the history buffs out there one of the battles is based on a battle in the Zulu war.

In the future a confederation of planets is formed to guard against the threat of an alien race called The Others (I totally want to know more btw). Humans are welcomed to serve as the military as those who formed this federation do not fight. But many others fight too so in Torin's squad there are many more lifeforms, "elves", big spiders, the gluttony alien, you get the picture.

Torin is a true marine, kicking ass, liking the life. Even if she is higher up than the foot soldiers they can trust her. She is a good leader and in this book she gets to prove it too.

There is lots of fighting, but also an interesting introduction to a new planet that wants to join. Reptiles who really likes to fight, and I would not want to meet them.

Now what to compare it too? I have read too few as I can only think of one book. So anyway, if you like action, new worlds, adventure, then this is for you. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |

Tanya Huffprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gavin, MargueriteNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gavin, MargueriteNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lee, Jody A.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0886778964, Mass Market Paperback)

In the distant future, humans and several other races have been granted membership in the Confederation--at a price. They must act as soldier/protectors of the far more civilized races who have long since turned away from war....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:26 -0400)

With informative but accessible text, the sport is brought to life. This work offers an in-depth look at the sport, from its history and beginnings to the modern game, how it's played, who plays it and the rules that govern it. Packed with facts, stats and full-colour photographs, this is the essential guide.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,067,836 books! | Top bar: Always visible