Mad Mouse by Chris Grabenstein
1961992,558 (4.12)62
Part-time cop Danny Boyle and his beach buddies are targeted by a vengeful madman and Danny, assisted by honor-bound officer John Ceepak, negotiates high-stakes challenges that threaten everyone and everything he loves.

A good lesson! I don't have kids but if I did I think I'd consider having them listen/read this to learn why bullying is so dangerous. ( )
1 vote cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |
Great fun! Interesting characters that really capture a time and place, and great dynamics among people who have known each other their whole lives. Great plot, too! ( )
  sharoncville3579 | Jan 24, 2015 |
Mad Mouse by Chris Grabenstein is the second book in his crime series that features Danny Boyle and John Ceepak. Danny is the narrator, young and likeable, the story unfolds through his eyes. As a part-time summer cop, he works with Detective John Ceepak and together they keep both the beach and the boardwalk at Sea Haven, a New Jersey beach town, safe for the tourists and locals alike. Danny has grown up in Sea Haven, his friends are there and he appears to be in transition from party boy to responsible adult. He couldn’t have a better role model than John Ceepak. Unfortunately it appears that Danny has left at least one enemy in his wake.

Whether it’s rescuing a wheelchair bound kid from bullies or solving a serious crime, John Ceepak always goes by his code of honor. As a previous solider he is loyal to a fault, always there to help Danny, back him up in tricky situations and impart some life lessons along the way. John Ceepak reminds me of the cartoon character of Dudley Do-Right, but the witty, perceptive way in which he is presented raises this book above cartoon level.

Mad Mouse is very much like the carnival ride it is named after. A wild ride with both a quick pace to the plot and the dialogue. Sheer entertainment with lots of twists and turns, this book was a fun read. However there is more to this book than laughs, it has a dark side with violence and murder as well. A different and well presented series and it’s obvious the author enjoys his time spent in Sea Haven as much as his readers do. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Dec 20, 2014 |
It's fluffy and light like spun sugar. I guess the Ceepak series is starting to grow on me, even though it's not brilliant, I raced though this in under 2 days. It really was fast paced, even though the storyline ended up being somewhat unrealistiic. The writing itself is quite good and you do get a sense of the various characters who inhabit Sea Haven.

The story won't stay with you for any length of time, but if you're seeking an entertaining diversion or taking a break between more weighty reading, this series might do the trick. ( )
  Zumbanista | Oct 28, 2014 |
Another fun story featuring the morally upstanding Joe Ceepak, and his sidekick Danny Boyle as they solve another brutal crime in seaside New Jersey. This series is one that is developing with each episode. I look forward to more. ( )
  tututhefirst | Jan 20, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,922,917 books! | Top bar: Always visible