American Sniper (2011)

by Chris Kyle

Other authors: Jim DeFelice, Taya Kyle (Contributor), Scott McEwen

The astonishing autobiography of SEAL Chief Chris Kyle, whose record 150 confirmed kills make him the most deadly sniper in U.S. military history.

English (87)  Spanish (1)  All languages (88)
Left me with teary eyes even on the second time around. ( )
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |
I absolutely enjoy reading this book. I want to thank Chris, the men and women who served.
R.I.P. ( )
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |
Chris Kyle is a compelling storyteller, but his view of war and America is very one-dimensional, and he says more than one racially-charged thing that made me squirm in total discomfort. Also, his whole mention of getting arrested because of barfights made me go, "Really, dude? You can't just mind your own business?"

Of course, this review is complicated by knowing the facts of his death as a civilian and wondering what one can appropriately say about the dead. All I know is that he didn't exactly disabuse me of stereotypes I have employed regarding military men. And I am thankful I did not marry one. ( )
  DrFuriosa | Dec 4, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Excellent book. Every American should read this at some point. It gives amazing insight into the difficulties faced by the American military and the men make it out. Chris Kyle analyzes why and how he does what he does, the challenges faced in balancing his life with his family, and how he views himself in the "big picture." Great read. ( )
  craftytombombadil | Aug 4, 2020 |

Kyle, Chrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
DeFelice, Jimsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kyle, TayaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
McEwen, Scottsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

I dedicate this book to  my wife, Taya, and my kids for sticking it out with me.  Thanks for still being here when I got home.

I's also like to dedicate it to the memory of my SEAL brothers Marc and Ryan, for their courageous service to our country and their undying friendship to me.  I will bleed for their deaths the rest of my life.
Prologue:  I looked through the scope of the sniper rifle, scanning down the road of the tiny Iraqi town.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,462,379 books! | Top bar: Always visible