Across the Wide and Lonesome Prairie : the Oregon Trail Diary of Hattie… (1997)

by Kristiana Gregory

Series: My Story, My Story: Girls, Dear America - Publication Order (5), Dear America Collections (Dear America: Westward Expansion, 1847), Dear America Re-issue - Publication Order (15), Dear America (Westward Expansion: The Oregon Trail, 1847)

In her diary, thirteen-year-old Hattie chronicles her family's arduous 1847 journey from Missouri to Oregon on the Oregon Trail.

I read this series as a kid back when they were originally published. I remember I used to but then at Sam's Club. I loved every one I read but this one was my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. I read it so many times the pages were falling out and the bookmark ribbon was in strings. ( )
  JessBass87 | Jul 4, 2021 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Across the Wide and Lonesome Prairie: The Oregon Trail Diary of Hattie Campbell is a wonderful story written in diary form. Hattie's entries make the reader feel like they are on the trail with her. She talks about the difficulties and fears she has on the long trek to Oregon. This book does bring to life the harsh conditions and the trying times everyone faced. Death, hunger, dust are just a few of the challenges she faces. ( )
  KariMiller | Jul 13, 2019 |

Kristiana Gregoryprimary authorall editionscalculated
O'Brien, TimCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book about a journey is dedicated, with deep appreciation, to the outstanding editors who have guided and encouraged me along my own journey as a writer: Jeff Fairbanks, Charlie Ferrell, Scott Gray, Regina Griffin, Karen Grove, Tracy Mack, Ann Reit, Art Seidenbaum, and Elinor Williams; most especially to my literary agent and friend, Barbara Markowitz.
Sleet and rain.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,388,019 books! | Top bar: Always visible