The Last Battle (1956)

by C. S. Lewis

23,222190154 (3.88)276
When evil comes to Narnia, Jill and Eustace help fight the great last battle and Aslan leads his people to a glorious new paradise.

English (178)  Spanish (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  German (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Dutch (1)  Polish (1)  All languages (186)
An absolutely beautiful ending to an absolutely beautiful story. C. S. Lewis stuns with every book and I hold this series very dear to my heart, from the joy I felt reading it, to every character I adore, to every place we explored. Thank you to the author, for letting us inside your beautiful mind. It’s an adventure that our world will never forget. ( )
  maddiefrank | Apr 11, 2024 |
Unusually dark and morbid for one of these, but I guess it makes sense if it’s trying to fit the Revelations part of the Bible into the Narnia setting. I liked the concept of a false Aslan and how that might complicate the whole simple nature of Narnia and its creatures, but then the book wrapped itself up. Not a satisfying series in the slightest for how wayward Lewis’ interests seemed to be with characters and story, but intriguing for that disjointedness, too. ( )
  bobbybslax | Apr 6, 2024 |
Fantasy
  BooksInMirror | Feb 19, 2024 |
I thought this book was a good ending to the Narnia series! I like that this book is one of the few books that I read that has a perfect ending. I also like how it brings all the characters together at the end! ( )
  sophia.magyk | Jan 3, 2024 |
By far, one of the best books written. ( )
  ohheybrian | Dec 29, 2023 |

Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pauline BaynesCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stewart, PatrickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Allsburg, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In the last days of Narnia, far up to the west beyond Lantern Waste and close beside the great waterfall, there lived an Ape.
I Narnias sidste dage, langt mod vest hinsides Lygtemarken og ikke langt fra det store vandfald, levede der en abe.
Unabridged. Please do NOT combine with any abridged editions.
Please do NOT combine "The Last Battle" with "The Chronicles of Narnia"

Das Finale der Chroniken von Narnia! Böse Zeiten brechen über das Land des Löwen herein. Der Affe Listig verkleidet den Esel Wirrkopf mit einem Löwenfell und gibt ihn als Aslan, den mächtigen Schöpfer Narnias, aus. Die Bewohner des Landes werden versklavt und nach Kalormen verkauft. Aslan bringt Eustachius und Jill auf seine eigene Art und Weise nach Narnia, um dem Betrug ein Ende zu bereiten. Als die Kalormen aber ihren Gott Tash ins Spiel bringen, beginnt der eigentliche Kampf. Wie wird er enden? Wird Narnia weiterleben oder untergehen? Werden die Kalormen die Oberhand gewinnen und Narnia vernichten?

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,146,950 books! | Top bar: Always visible