The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis

English (133)  Dutch (2)  Polish (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  All languages (139)
Go to Bridget Blogs Books for my thoughts on this book. ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | May 21, 2019 |
Great! Wrapped the entire story. ( )
  sandra.pinkerton83 | Apr 16, 2019 |
King Tirian and his friend Jewel the Unicorn hear word of "Aslan's return," but Aslan seems to have turned into a tyrannical lion and Tirian calls to the real Aslan for help, which arrived in the guise of Jill Pole and Eustace Scrubb. This was one of my favorite books as a child and, although the religious allusions are too heavy-handed for an adult, every time I reread it, Eustace and Jill bring me the same joy they always have and the poor donkey, Puzzle, breaks my heart every time. This, and the other books in the series, will be on my to-reread list for the rest of my life. ( )
  -Eva- | Mar 31, 2019 |
He comes much closer to the truth than I initially understood him to be. Not that there’s nothing misleading, but what I was most concerned about was not left as I initially understood it to be.

.......................

I agree about the Dwarfs.

[“There are many people with their eyes open, whose hearts are shut. What do they see? Matter.” Rumi]
  smallself | Mar 23, 2019 |
The Christian symbolism is clear enough, but the book can stand on its own feet as a deeply moving and hauntingly lovely story apart from the doctrinal content.

C. S. Lewisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pauline BaynesCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stewart, PatrickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Allsburg, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In the last days of Narnia, far up to the west beyond Lantern Waste and close beside the great waterfall, there lived an Ape.
I Narnias sidste dage, langt mod vest hinsides Lygtemarken og ikke langt fra det store vandfald, levede der en abe.
Unabridged. Please do NOT combine with any abridged editions.
Please do NOT combine "The Last Battle" with "The Chronicles of Narnia"

Das Finale der Chroniken von Narnia! Böse Zeiten brechen über das Land des Löwen herein. Der Affe Listig verkleidet den Esel Wirrkopf mit einem Löwenfell und gibt ihn als Aslan, den mächtigen Schöpfer Narnias, aus. Die Bewohner des Landes werden versklavt und nach Kalormen verkauft. Aslan bringt Eustachius und Jill auf seine eigene Art und Weise nach Narnia, um dem Betrug ein Ende zu bereiten. Als die Kalormen aber ihren Gott Tash ins Spiel bringen, beginnt der eigentliche Kampf. Wie wird er enden? Wird Narnia weiterleben oder untergehen? Werden die Kalormen die Oberhand gewinnen und Narnia vernichten?

The last battle is the greatest of all battles

Narnia ... where lies breed fear ... where loyalty is tested ... where all hope seems lost.

During the last days of Narnia, the land faces its fiercest challenge -- not an invader from without but an enemy from within. Lies and treachery have taken root, and only the king and a small band of loyal followers can prevent the destruction of all they hold dear in this, the magnificent ending to The Chronicles of Narnia.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:19 -0400)

When evil comes to Narnia, Jill and Eustace help fight the great last battle and Aslan leads his people to a glorious new paradise.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,587,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible