Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (1999)

by Louise Rennison

4,0051902,426 (3.79)89
Presents the humorous journal of a year in the life of a fourteen-year-old British girl who tries to reduce the size of her nose, stop her mad cat from terrorizing the neighborhood animals, and win the love of handsome hunk Robbie.

I read this book because it was on a list of banned/ challenged books. I didn't see anything inherently wrong with it. It's a bit silly and talks about sex quite a bit, but please tell me which teen girl group doesn't mention it some? ( )
  GhostDuchess | Apr 8, 2022 |
Teen fiction. Like 'Bridget Jones' for teens--somewhat embarrasing, very British, and extremely silly. ( )
  reader1009 | Jul 3, 2021 |
Delightful! ( )
  Chica3000 | Dec 11, 2020 |
I read this wayyy back in the day, and DNF'ed this time around at about 70%. There's just no momentum. I remember being much more interested in the tone of it and the absolutely bonkers narration when I was a preteen, but now I'm really just wondering what the hell this story is even about? Nothing against it, really, I'm not as weirdly ferociously offended by Georgia as apparently other Adult People are, but it's just...kinda dull... ( )
  Chyvalrys | Aug 5, 2020 |
These books are lots of fun and genuinely very funny in places.
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
To Mutti and Vati and my little sister, also to Angus. His huge furry outside may have gone to cat heaven, but the scar on my ankle lingers on. Also to Brenda and Jude and the fab gang at Piccadilly. And thanks to John Nicolson.
sunday august 23rd

my bedroom

raining

10:00 a.m.

Dad had Uncle Eddie round, so naturally they had to come and see what I was up to.
He puts his arm around me. I think of putting my arm round him but I don't because I remember the syuffed-olive incident. Then, with his other hand, Peter turns my face towards his. It's a good thing he didn't try that yesterday when I had rigor mortis of the head. Then he says, "Close your eyes and relax."

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,326,803 books! | Top bar: Always visible