Little Town on the Prairie (1941)

by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Series: Little House: The Laura Years (7), Little House novels, chronological order (book 22)

Pa's homestead thrives, Laura gets her first job in town, blackbirds eat the corn and oats crops, Mary goes to college, and Laura gets into trouble at school, but becomes a certified school teacher.
    Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink (Anonymous user)

English (66)  French (1)  All languages (67)
A little lighthouse on the Hudson River regains its pride when it finds out that it is still useful and has an important job to do.
  BLTSbraille | Oct 14, 2021 |
Knowing Laura's fascination with certain horses, how could I help but rejoice that she became better acquainted with their owner? It wasn't until I aged a bit more that I really began to enjoy the subtle hints of the future. Wilder is an accomplished writer. Every time I pick up one of her books I remember how age-encompassing she is and how she makes even the most mundane events seem exciting enough for a chapter. ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |
I love Laura Ingalls Wilder as an author. I think her books are interesting and well written. Her descriptions of events, places, people, and time periods cannot be beat and it draws you right in. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
The little settlement is now a growing town. Laura, now 15, is growing up too.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 14, 2021 |
My son wishes he had known Laura and her friends and is worried how much she'll miss them when she goes off to teach. Since the girls are twice his age in this book, I'd say Laura was successful at bringing them alive to his imagination. ( )
  emrsalgado | Jul 23, 2021 |

Laura Ingalls Wilderprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jones, CherryNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Williams, GarthIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
One evening at supper, Pa asked, "How would you like to work in town, Laura?"

The long winter is over, but there is still work to be done. Laura spends many hours each day sewing shirts to help send Mary to a college for the blind. But, in the evenings, Laura makes time for a new caller, Almanzo Wilder.

Available online at The Internet Archive:

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,217,519 books! | Top bar: Always visible