Who Moved My Cheese? (1998)

by Spencer Johnson

THE #1 INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER WITH OVER 28 MILLION COPIES IN PRINT! A timeless business classic, Who Moved My Cheese? uses a simple parable to reveal profound truths about dealing with change so that you can enjoy less stress and more success in your work and in your life. It would be all so easy if you had a map to the Maze. If the same old routines worked. If they'd just stop moving "The Cheese." But things keep changing... Most people are fearful of change, both personal and professional, because they don't have any control over how or when it happens to them. Since change happens either to the individual or by the individual, Dr. Spencer Johnson, the coauthor of the multimillion bestseller The One Minute Manager, uses a deceptively simple story to show that when it comes to living in a rapidly changing world, what matters most is your attitude. Exploring a simple way to take the fear and anxiety out of managing the future, Who Moved My Cheese? can help you discover how to anticipate, acknowledge, and accept change in order to have a positive impact on your job, your relationships, and every aspect of your life.… (more)

"Who Moved My Cheese" er létt aflestrar og skondin bók. Hún fjallar um breytingar í lífinu og hvað þær eru í raun nauðsynlegar og góðar fyrir fólk í stað þess að óttast þær. Þetta er upplífgandi bók. ( )
  SkuliSael | Apr 28, 2022 |
Actually a cute book. I had heard about it for years and picked it up at a free book exchange. It is a quick read about change and learning to adapt to it. When I was a kid, I was pretty good about change but I have gotten pretty steadfast about things as an adult. I have been working on getting better with change again and this book helped reinforce the need to do so. Everything changes and if we do not adapt, we suffer. ( )
  KyleneJones | Apr 25, 2022 |
Common sense lesson. Having trouble rating it as two or three stars, though.

17/9/20 "re-read"
This is definitely a two-star book filled with eye-rolling common sense. My job had me re-read this book possibly to cushion the change of my position title. (It's a way to convince me that it's not a citywide demotion on senior positions.) ( )
  ennuiprayer | Jan 14, 2022 |
amazing ways to deal with change in your work and in your life
  bubbly.lis | Oct 20, 2021 |
I really liked this simple story because it is so true about all of us. I am going to try to learn and apply this to my life. We all have to deal with changes and some deal with it better than others. This simple story helps explain how we should think about change. I strongly recommend this book. ( )
  GlennBell | Jul 14, 2021 |
There are many popular books that talk about change – how it is inevitable and how to accept it. Perhaps none explain it in a format you will always remember.

Spencer Johnsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Blanchard, KennethForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tol, Pim vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Torné, MontserratTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once, long ago in a land far away, there lived four little creatures who ran through a maze looking for cheese to nourish them and make them happy.
'Cheese' is metaphor for what you want to have in life—whether it is a good job, a loving relationship, money, a possession, health, or spiritual peace of mind.
ISBN 1101496991 is for Prime Crime Holiday Bundle by Emily Brightwell

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,932,496 books! | Top bar: Always visible