Hilda and the Bird Parade by Luke Pearson

Hilda and the Bird Parade

by Luke Pearson

English (9)  Spanish (1)  All languages (10)
Cute, charming, and comforting. A short sweet bite of Hilda and her antics. Love the art style, wonderful colors. ( )
  emeraldreverie | Nov 15, 2018 |
Another lovely entry in the series. For the first time, though, Hilda and her mum enter a modern, urban environment, and as a result it's a little more "messagey." ( )
  saroz | Nov 3, 2018 |
Magical realism; comic book style; raises interesting topics of single parenthood, city vs. country living, good kids vs. not so nice kids, doing the right thing and being rewarded. ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
Just wonderful! I've read all the Hilda books now. My review for the new one will be coming shortly. This is the book that has Hilda and her mother moving to the city of Trollburg. Hilda finds it hard being in the city at first but comes to recognise from her observations that there are many things to discover here. We are introduced to a new character, Thunderbird, the raven, who first Hilda helps when some kids throw rocks at him and, in the end, helps Hilda to find her mum at the Bird Parade. No trolls in this volume but we're shown where they live and why the city is called Trollburg. ( )
  ElizaJane | Sep 15, 2016 |
What a great book. It is not a long read but what a great read. As soon as I finished it I want to read it again. It has all the wonderment of being a child. Wow ( )
  Hassanchop | Jul 4, 2016 |

"In the latest installment of the Hildafolk series, Hilda is thrust into a new life in the bustling city of Trolberg, far from the magic and wonder of her birthplace in the Fjords. Lamenting the loss of her enchanting, wooded surroundings, Hilda wonders if she'll ever recapture the same excitement in this strange new concrete forest. Hilda is set for a thunderbolt of surprise as she discovers that her new city is not quite as plain as it seems and neither is the impending and mysterious annual Bird Parade!"--Cover p. [4].… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,627,968 books! | Top bar: Always visible