The Thousand Names by Django Wexler

The Thousand Names (2013)

by Django Wexler

Technical, tactical writing.
Gave you a dash of magic at the start and left you dry for the next 75% of the book.
Momentum was ramped up in last 25% and really gripped my interest in finishing the trilogy... dangit, 2 more books to read now lol. ( )
  LongTrang117 | Oct 6, 2017 |
The last chapters of the book bumped it up from four to five stars ( )
  Eclipse777 | Sep 2, 2017 |
A very interesting presentation of a magic that hardly anyone still exists. The buildup to the use of it was very well done. Good characterizations, interesting world-building, intriguing plot, with lots of characters to care about. ( )
  majkia | Dec 31, 2016 |
I actually started reading this because of the author's name. I kept singing Django, Django Wexler, King of the wild Vordanians" [sung to the tune of Davey Crockett] until I got sick of it. Then I sang it a couple more times :)

I liked the story a lot more than I thought I would. Not a big fan of the musket era of weaponry, but this worked well.

However, due to some of the morals the author introduced, which I'm guessing will be expounded on in later books, I've decided that this will be enough for me.

" ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
For Rachel and Stanley, who believed

The new supreme rulers of Khandar met in the old common room of the Justices,  the cudgel-bearing peacekeepers and constabulary who were now the closest thing the city of Ashe-Katarion had to a civil authority.

Winter Ihernglass poses as a man to enlist in the Vordanai Colonials and must form an allegiance with a new colonel, appointed by the king to restore order, after she's promoted to a command post.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,937,764 books! | Top bar: Always visible