Mine by Katy Evans

Mine

by Katy Evans

Series: REAL (2)

2081389,105 (4.06)None
Hired to keep him in prime condition, Brooke Dumas unleashed a primal desire in Remington "Remy" Tate as vital as the air he breathes-- and now he can't live without. Brooke never imagined she would end up with the man who is every woman's dream, but not all dreams end happily ever after. Just when they need each other the most, Brooke is torn away from the ringside. Now with distance and darkness between them, the only thing left is to fight for the love of her man....… (more)

katy just to let you know your book was fabulous I'm on the next book to this I'll leave a review on that too thanks you for you talent in writing ( )
  foxelaine | May 25, 2018 |

FGMAMTC Blog Review  Author & Character Interview

Mine is book 2 in the series.  Be sure to read the first book Real before Mine.

First off, I have to state a fact that anyone who knows me
already has heard a million and one times.
I LOVE REMY!  He is my #1 BBF
ever!  I love him so much I just can’t
stand it.  I mean it’s just plain crazy!

All I know is that I feel this love in every molecule in my body, every breath I take, all the infinity in my soul. I learned that you can’t run if you tear a ligament, but your heart can be broken into a million pieces, and you can still love with your whole being.

Mine delved deeper into Remy’s mental illness, bipolar
1.  Before we saw him “speedy” more in
Real, but in Mine, we see more of the manic depressive cycle.  We get to see want a wonderful man he truly is
and what a fighter in every area of his life.

“I’m the realest fucking thing you’re ever going to have.

Brooke and Remy face so many obstacles in their relationship.  There really isn't another love quite so strong that I remember reading about.

“You,” he says, his voice terse and commanding as he drags his wet thumb across my lips, “are going to love me until I die. I’m going to make you love me even if it hurts, and when it hurts, I’m going to make it better, Brooke.” He eases his thumb into my mouth and rubs it purposely against the tip of my tongue, the move quietly demanding that I lick it. When I do, my breasts ache and I watch him extract his thumb to brush the wet pad across my bottom lip. “You’re going to fucking love me if it kills us.”

Of course I have to give a bonus points shout out (as if I could love the book anymore) for any reference to Harry Potter.

~ The Black Scorpion is my own personal Voldemort.

Yes, Remy is my absolute favorite ever, and Mine is so so freaking amazing that I could go on and on forever, but I could never ever do it justice with my description.  Please do yourself a favor and read the book!

Author and Character Questions

My questions
FOR KATY
Favorite food? Dark Chocolate
Favorite color? Red
Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully happy, fulfilled, healthy, in love and fully living!
Favorite exercise? walking
Favorite animal? lions
Favorite song? Iris
Favorite band? I love Pink and Kelly Clarkson
Favorite sport? boxing
Dream vacation? Hawaii
Dancing or singing? The best is a combo of both!
Writing or drawing? Writing
Gaming or reading? Reading
Any unknown talents? I'm still discovering, hopefully, all I can do!
How am I not going to die when you're finished writing about Remy? Oh, I'll die with you! But the good thing is that we see Brooke and Remy in both RIPPED and RAW so we still don't have to say goodbye!

My questions
FOR REMY
Favorite food? Meat
Favorite color? Red
Where do you see yourself in 10 years? With Brooke
Favorite exercise? boxing
Favorite animal? I don't do pets
Favorite song? Any song Brooke plays me or any song that gets me pumped up for a fight
Favorite band? Metallica
Favorite sport? fighting
Dream vacation? I'd like to take Brooke skiing
Dancing or singing? Hell no
Writing or drawing? No way
Gaming or reading? Chess
Any unknown talents? For all I know I can fly when I'm on my dark side. Who knows
Do you know how much I love you? Now I do

***ARC was given by author for an honest review***

toni

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2013/11/mine-by-katy-evans-revie... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
The beginning takes us back to where REAL left off. Remy and Brooke are back to traveling together and sharing tons of sexual moments. Shortly after though, an unexpected surprise takes place and leads Brooke to bed rest. Remy then travels alone and Brooke is left with her friends and her ipod. They miss one another like crazy and when Brooke is finally allowed to travel again it is time for the big fight with Scorpion. Remy has been on fire, but he is Black and everyone is worried about his safety. Did he win? Was he safe? Read it to see...

*SPOILERS*

This book was good don't get me wrong, but I felt the storyline was lacking. I loved the suspense and drama with Brooke and Remy traveling together.

-I like the Jealousy and angst.

When Brooke got pregnant the whole mood of the book changed! She was put on bed rest at just a couple months into the pregnancy, which I felt was kind of far fetched and personally, the book was slow when Remy was traveling alone. We got friendship and family stories, but I wanted more Remy.

There was drama with scorpion at the beginning and I loved that part. I also loved the ending and all the fighting scenes. They were wrote fabulously.

The book fell short towards the middle though. When Nora went back to the Scorpion. I was like "Oh no! Here we go again." I wanted something different, not a replay of book 1.

I still love Remy and secretly I prefer him black. Shame on me -I know!
His craziness sucks me in and his broken side tugs at my heartstrings.

I definitely say give this book a try. Everyone has their preferences. I just wish this one left me feeling the way REAL did. ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
The plot was good, the story was ok, the meat was BAD!
Oh My God! The obsession with the guy's looks and organic food and how healthy the hero is was annoying in the first book. This book took it to a whole new level of ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every fucking page was stuffed to overflowing with how "sexy" and "healthy" the hero was, how "loved/loving/love/love/loved" were the hero and heroine, and how "organic" was everything these guys ate. I FUCKING GET IT!!!!!!!!! Holly shit, talk about ruining a good book with bad editing! Where was the editor??? Couldn't any of the proof-readers see that 200 out of 336 pages was just repeated words and phrases? Good god!

I was so bothered by the rinse and repeat that I was barely able to pay attention to what was actually going on in the story.

I didn't really like this book at all. The obsession with the key words just really ruined this book for me. I might have liked it otherwise, but maybe not. Looking back on the book nothing stands out as pleasurable about it.

I will be reading Remy's story though. Or at least trying it out. If it looks to be more of the same, and that seems to be the running theme, I'll be skipping it!

aVamp1r3 | Nov 25, 2014 |
Good bood lots of steamy scenes but the plot was not as strong as the first book. Still love Remy though! ( )
  Debbie97462 | Jul 16, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,377,154 books! | Top bar: Always visible