After You by Jojo Moyes

After You (2015)

by Jojo Moyes

Series: Me Before You (2)

English (110)  Spanish (4)  German (3)  Dutch (1)  All languages (118)
Louisa after Will, she's all over the place sometimes as she finally begins to deal with her grief and figure out what she wants from life. Very engaging story, lots of things going on.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
3,5/5
Adoro a Josie Clark y por eso se queda con un 4 y no un tres. Realmente las segundas partes no son buenas del todo, pero no ha estado mal ( )
  dieciseislunas | Jun 2, 2019 |
Jojo Moyes has written at the beginning of this book that she doesn't want anyone writing a review to spoil what happens in Me Before you, the first book in the series. And, I fully understand that. So that left me with a choice to either write a review that more or less didn't bring up anything that happens in this book that could spoil the first book or spoiler tag the whole review. I have chosen to write a review that doesn't spoil the book.

First of all, do I want to say that you need to read the first book; do not attempt to read this book without having read the first book. Some books are standalone, some aren't.   This one should without a doubt be read after Me Before you.

The book is wonderful. I had no idea about the story before I read the book. No clues about what would happen and that was a real treat not knowing how or if Moyes would be able to write a book as gripping as Me Before You. She has! I had to fight back tears several times when I read this book, and I pride myself on not being a crier. Lou Clark is such a wonderful character and I loved getting to read about her and her family and friends in another book.

I loved this book. It was such a treat to get a sequel to Me Before You. And, I hope for a third book!

I received this copy from the publisher through NetGalley in return for an honest review! Thank you

************************************

Update 3/9 2015: Approved! I'm amazed, not only that I got the book from NetGalley, but also that it only took a day or two to get approved...

--------------------------------------------

Jojo Moyes After You is now on NetGalley

But you can't request the title yet...

So now I have to wait for it to be available to request...

MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
I enjoyed reading this book, but it wasn't anything spectacular and was very predictable. Still, it was good escape reading. I read the first book and will probably read the third one too, so that I've read the whole series. ( )
  hobbitprincess | Apr 19, 2019 |
Continuation of Me Before You. Louisa is trying to regain control of her life and grief after Will Traynor's death. Moving story of grief, moving on, staying in the past, and struggling to let go. ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |

Jojo Moyesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Acton, AnnaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fell, KarolinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Betty McKee
The big man at the end of the bar is sweating.
"Du hast mir kein verdammtes Leben übrig gelassen, oder? Von wegen. Du hast einfach nur mein altes Leben kaputt gemacht. Es in einen Scherbenhaufen verwandelt. Was soll ich jetzt mit den ganzen Bruchstücken anfangen? Wann wird es endlich..." Ich streckte die Arme aus, bekommen Gänsehaut in der kühlen Nachtluft und merke, dass ich wieder einmal weine. "Fuck you, Will", flüstere ich. "Fuck you dafür, dass du mich verlassen hast." (S. 18/19)

The sequel to the worldwide phenomenon Me Before You. Lou Clark has lots of questions. Like how it is she's ended up working in an airport bar, spending every shift watching other people jet off to new places. Or why the flat she's owned for a year still doesn't feel like home. Whether her close-knit family can forgive her for what she did eighteen months ago. And will she ever get over the love of her life. What Lou does know for certain is that something has to change. Then, one night, it does. But does the stranger on her doorstep hold the answers Lou is searching for - or just more questions? Close the door and life continues: simple, ordered, safe. Open it and she risks everything. But Lou once made a promise to live. And if she's going to keep it, she has to invite them in...

"Lou Clark has lots of questions. Like how it is she's ended up working in an airport bar, spending every shift watching other people jet off to new places. Or why the flat she's owned for a year still doesn't feel like home. Whether her close-knit family can forgive her for what she did eighteen months ago. And will she ever get over the love of her life. What Lou does know for certain is that something has to change" --Publisher description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,622,633 books! | Top bar: Always visible