dismiss

Pucked

by Helena Hunting

Other authors: Marla Esposito (Proof editor), Jen Matera (Copyeditor), Lauren Schmelz (Story editor)

Series: Pucked (1)

19513100,150 (3.85)1
With a famous NHL player for a stepbrother, Violet Hall is well acquainted with the playboy reputation of many a hockey star. She isn't interested in legendary team captain Alex Waters or his pretty, beat-up face and rock-hard six-pack abs. When Alex inadvertently obliterates Violet's misapprehension regarding the inferior intellect of hockey players, he becomes much more than just a hot body with the face to match. Suffering from a complete lapse in judgment, Violet discovers just how good Alex is with the hockey stick in his pants. Violet believes her night of orgasmic magic with Alex is just that: one night. But Alex starts to call. And text. And email and send extravagant-and quirky-gifts. Suddenly, he's too difficult to ignore, and nearly impossible not to like. The problem is, the media portrays Alex as a total player, and Violet doesn't want to be part of the game.… (more)

Actual Rating: 4.5 stars ( )
  thinkbook11 | Jun 14, 2020 |
I have had “Pucked” in my TBR pile for two years now and that was only because I was a cheap bitch and didn’t want to pay for the book prior it going to Kindle Unlimited. Sue me, it had mixed reviews and I didn’t want to waste my hard earned money on a book that was going to my dropped pile. Nevertheless I got it on sale for the beautiful price of $0.00 and that was the only upside about this sports romance.

Don’t get me wrong it was smooth sailing at first. The word vomit lead heroine (annoying at times) and the sweet well endowed hockey player (somewhat bland, clingy, and insecure) were cute. Not great but cute. And let’s not lie, I loved Buck and his whorish way more, and I think Violet and Buck’s had better chemistry then her and Alex. I loved their dynamic and would have totally rooted for them if a romance was in the works for the step siblings.

Anyways I was definitely feeling it at first then the stalker-like tendencies came out and it was a turn off. I'm sorry but what girl, woman, or anyone in general would find this remotely attractive? Violet. That’s who. This child found it sweet and endearing. Like what the actual fuck? At the end of the day, rather he’s famous or has a ‘monster cock’, that calls for a restraining order honey. And on top of that, the over usage of ‘cock’, ‘beaver’, and ‘monster’ was driving me up the wall. I couldn’t. I just couldn’t.

Needless to say, ugh. ( )
  ayoshina | Jun 1, 2020 |
“WTF makes violence so hot?”

That’s chapter one- Umm we are talking hockey here. Duh? I’ve read most of the reviews and you know what? I still liked it. Just know you have to have the mind of a horny 15 year old boy to appreciate it. Most of my friends would say I am much younger than that. Was the story relatable or credible? Ah, heck no. Funny as all get out? Heck YES!

If you are looking for a meaningful HEA, lots of or a little of drama and/or angst, turn around and one-click elsewhere. If you are in the mood to laugh at the antics, that rom-con mood hit you, this book is for you.
  karenhulseman | Dec 3, 2019 |
Received from Helena Hunting's newsletter via bookfunnel.
  leighannewrites | Jun 4, 2019 |
This was an interesting book for sure. I liked the plot and wow there was some good smut. But Violet is super weird and made me cringe multiple times. She says and does the weirdest things, especially during sex. If I were the guy, it would for sure ruin the mood haha. Good thing Alex loves her enough to put up with her. The male narrator was kind of odd; he was doing a Canadian accent, but it was too thick and I thought it sounded Irish. I still liked it, just an odd choice. There were some side characters that I'm hoping will get their own books so I can see what happens with them. ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |

Matera, JenCopyeditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schmelz, LaurenStory editorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lumetta, ShannonCover Designsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Studios, AudiblePublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Alex, you've seen me through many a MS. Thank you for believing in my words and helping me work through them, even when I'm freaking out.
WTF Makes Violence So Hot?
VIOLET

It's 6:51 on Thursday morning, and I'm thirty seconds away from an amazing orgasm.

With a famous NHL player for a step-brother, Violet Hall is well acquainted with the playboy reputation many hockey stars come with. She’s smart enough to steer clear of those hot, well-built boys with unparalleled stamina. That is until she meets the legendary team captain—Alex Waters. Violet isn’t interested in his pretty, beat-up face, or his rock-hard six-pack abs. But when Alex inadvertently obliterates Violet’s previous misapprehension regarding the inferior intellect of hockey players, he becomes more than just a hot body with a face to match. In what can only be considered a complete lapse in judgment, Violet finds out just how good Alex is with the hockey stick in his pants. But what starts out as a one-night stand, quickly turns into something more. Post-night of orgasmic magic, Alex starts to call, and text, and e-mail and send extravagant—and quirky—gifts, making him difficult to ignore, and even more difficult not to like. The problem is, the media portrays Alex as a total player, and Violet doesn’t want to be part of the game.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,178,867 books! | Top bar: Always visible