The Fade Out Volume 2

by Ed Brubaker

Series: The Fade Out (2)

"Hollywood-1948. A noir film stuck in endless reshoots. A writer plagued by nightmares from the war. An up-and-coming startlet's suspicious death. And a mogul and his security chief who will do anything to keep the cameras rolling before the studio system comes crashing down" --

Some seriously beautiful art in this book, the colouring is breath taking in places.

We don't really learn that much more about what's really going on, but it never felt slow, and there are some great character moments, with bit side players getting some depth added to them. ( )
  Fardo | Oct 15, 2019 |
My blog post about this book is at this link.
  SuziQoregon | Nov 10, 2017 |
Act Two continued this polished noir mystery. We are given a real inside look at how the studio system worked. This volume stressed character development and although the murder story is advanced, at this point there are more questions than answers. I am looking forward to Act Three to see how it all comes together.

I love how the author has sprinkled real Hollywood personalities into the story. In this volume we have Dashiell Hammett playing a major role, with glimpses of Desi Arnez and Humphrey Bogart. The fictional characters are interesting and the dialogue is spot on. The artwork by Sean Phillips certainly gives these books their noir style.

I am a huge fan already and I can hardly wait till I get my hands on Act Three! ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Mar 19, 2016 |
Charlie is still being the front man for the blacklisted Gil, who has a drinking problem. Charlie and the actress who replaced Valeria, Maya are having an affair. The studio owner Al is becoming less and less predictable and no-one is sure what's going to happen next.

Dottie knows more than she's letting on and I'm even more interested in what's going to happen next. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jan 7, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,134,868 books! | Top bar: Always visible